Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • is afan really bad for thefts?
  • meeeee
    Free Member

I'm off to wales for the weekend and was going to stop at afan for a day on Monday.

have the bike thefts just been from overnighters, or unattended bikes, or could i end up meeting a group of chavs somewhere when i'm riding and having my bike removed from me 😯 I just read some link about a group throwing stones at a rider and putting rope accross on of the trails!!!

Dont know if going on a monday when its quiet is better / worse than going when its busy!

Or if i just make sure nothngs on show and dont leave my bike unattended or on the bike rack while i'm having a coffee will i be ok?

thanks

PJ266
    Free Member

Ive been twice and have never even thought about this. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. I Had no problems.

tinsy
    Free Member

As far as I am aware its from bikes locked up overnight, for a day trip I would be too concerned but dont take any chances…

If you do go overnight the bloke in the cafe is decent and will let you put it inside… or at least he has for me in the past.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trimix
    Free Member

Just take normal precautions – lock up your bike, dont leave it unattended, cover it out of sight in your car, get it insured.

Ive been to trail centers for years and never felt there was a problem, but I still take care – its common sence.

peteimpreza

Yes.

Not long back there were 6 bikes taken in one incident from the campsite at the Glyncorrwg site.

If you do a search on here you should be able to find the threads.

There have also been incidents of cars broken in to whilst people have been in the Dropoff Cafe.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

+1 for the common sense approach.

There have been thefts from cars, it's true. But then no more than in any single street in Bristol by the sounds of it!

peteimpreza

Just found these.
    Thread 1

Thread 2

BlingBling
    Free Member

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!11!!

Go ride your bike.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

We were there camping and biking for 4 days last summer sunday-wednesday. we took the usual precautions with the bikes that you would take anywhere. we never saw any shadey characters or had any reasons to be worried. It's highly unlikely you'd get mugged for your bike, more likely it would get nicked by a chancer, when you leave it outside the shop to get a coffee or bike spares or go for a pee. Considering the numbers that turn up and ride, the percentage of thefts is probably very very small.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘is afan really bad for thefts?’ is closed to new replies.