Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Is a quick thanks too much to ask?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Little rant so excuse me:

Sometimes get personal emails from guys off STW, as I am sure do a lot of people who post on STW asking for more info on a thread item. i.e tips on maintenance or bike builds etc. Sometimes people are grateful for a reply but sometimes nothing, bit like some forum posts. Anyone else get annoyed by this or is it just me? I don’t do it for thanks but just think it’s just good manners?

😳

[running away]

DezB
    Free Member

Emails don’t grow on trees, you know.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’ve sold a frame on here (and other smaller parts) and the buyer didn’t let me know it arrived. Checked it with the tracking number but its not hard to fire a quick email over again..

RealMan
    Free Member

Are you going to thank us for our replies here?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I’ve sold a frame on here (and other smaller parts) and the buyer didn’t let me know it arrived. Checked it witht he tracking number but its not hard to fire a quick email over again..

Yup, sort of where I was coming from – bit like holding the door open for someone 🙂

Are you going to thank us for our replies here?

Thank you Realman?

A thank you is free so why not give it? It encourages you do do it for someone else?

RealMan
    Free Member

Thank you Realman?

You’re welcome 🙂

Some people are rude, I reckon most people are just too busy and forget. Some days I have to go through about 40 emails, and I don’t even have a job.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Me too just always make a point and try and thank people either face to face or by email. I know myself its nice to receive a thank you in work. Makes you feel like you make a difference 🙂 Tis all really 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Thanks 😀

Speshpaul

Someone on here wanted some heli tape, so I sent them about 3 times as much as they had asked for, because i had loads at the time.
    Now I don’t want a medal, i was happy to pay the postage myself because others have done the same for me and i’m a big beleaver in what goes around comes around.
    But i would have said thanks!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Quite right Spesh 🙂

BoardinBob

MTFU

foxyrider
    Free Member

Thanks BoardmanBob 🙄

fbk
    Free Member

Thanks for a very valid Thread OP. May your day be full of happiness as a result 🙂

BoardinBob

Thanks BoardmanBob – ****t

HTH

foxyrider
    Free Member

Thanks Neil – luv ya 😉

BTW I removed the swear word up there are I remembered about disguising swear words thread by STW a while ago!

fbk
    Free Member

😳

crispedwheel
    Free Member

foxyrider:

but just think it’s just good manners?

then:

Thanks BoardmanBob – ****t

?

EDIT: swifter editing than my typing!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Crisped – bad manners follow someone with bad manners – Man the F^&k up if not really good manners 😯 is it?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

True, but, back to your OP, you’ll still thank the next person who emails you advice won’t you, even if previous people haven’t thanked you. I agree with you btw, doesn’t take long to dash off a ‘thank you’ email – or a quick forum post!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yes I would Crisped 🙂 I don’t help people to be thanked but I do like to be thanked after I have helped someone 😉

yunki
    Free Member

thanks for reminding me foxyrider.. I have a couple of invitations left unanswered.. 😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

i bought a centrlock rotor of here leost the persons e-maill address if iyt was you Thanks
    I normally say thanks though I did post a cable disc brake out {free]and the fecker has neither said thanks nor returned my postage costs. I will out them later this eveining when I check my e-mail

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just a bit of consideration for a fellow human being 🙂 Sorry if this bores people? BTW I and not saying I am perfect but I do try to be courteous 🙂 Anyway the OP wasn’t just about me!

MarkDatz
    Free Member

yes i hat that i got males from lodes of doods aftar i put up sum piks and then i gav advise on fiksing biks so i stoped postting its saffer

cinnamon_girl

Yeah, know where you’re coming from. When I’ve sold items, I always ask buyer to let me know when it’s been received. Any other matters, or indeed non-bikey ones, I’ve been disappointed if folk haven’t just said a quick ‘thanks for that’.

Speshpaul

Bob you’re not really getting this community vibe are you.
    Maybe you could try adding something positive to the forum.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Is a quick thanks too much to ask?’ is closed to new replies.