Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Is a cannondale killer v. Worth keeping or scrapping ?
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Mate has been given one by an old guy at work . Has xt brakes and gearing . Looks like it was a good bike a long long time ago. The rock shok fork does not move much but seems it needs a service . Is it worth servicing or scrapping.

peteimpreza

I am sure someone would be interested. Checkout retro bike or take a punt in the classifieds.

Do you have any photos you could email to me?

sausagefingers
    Free Member

have a look on retrobike,a quick search will give you the going rate.
    if you want to sell it on there be prepared for the usual ”if you split it can i have first dibs on the dust caps” 😀

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

I will get him to send over pictures later .

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

My bro had one one these for a while. Definitely worth something to someone who wants a very nicely pedalling old-school hardtail frame.

Excellent power transfer, quite long, takes an 80mm fork or would make an excellent commuter / singlespeed. The only aspect I would describe as outdated is the lack of disc mounts, but this isn’t the end of the world.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

FFS don’t scrap it!!!!

See Retrobike forum? Sell it there. 🙂

CountZero

Damn good strong frame, the general design principle still gets used. No problem fitting a short travel fork with disc mounts, and there are ways to fit a disc on the rear, using a Hope adaptor, or one of various similar items. Or just leave it with say a carbon rigid front fork and a rim brake on the rear as a fast commuter.

donks
    Free Member

You will burn in the firey pits of hell for scrapping such a bike no matter how old. If not wanted then eBay or free to good home ad.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Bit of tlc and

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

IMG_0027.jpeg by Alpine160, on Flickr

Not as nice as the one above.

piemonster

If you scrap that bike expect a visit from….

Coz I will send him!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Piemonster!! Don’t release elfin!!!

corroded
    Free Member

I sold my raw Killer V frame on retrobike for a decent amount. It’s one of the few frames from that era that is still worth something. Don’t scrap it!

CountZero

Joolsburger, that’s kind of what I had in mind, but damn! That’s purdy!

findo_gask
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s legit? I’m no expert but the rear dropout and seat stays are totally different. The welds on the green one look a bit agricultural for a ‘dale as well.

Might just be an earlier era frame I suppose- no doubt the retrobikers will keep you right.

njee20
    Free Member

Definitely pukka.

Looks like 1999 SIDs on it, they were bloody expensive forks! Be worth something to someone!

Wally

What size is it?
    Several on here – including myself – would be interested for sure. (but we need a posted price)

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

The seat tube is 16 inches.

Bez

Phew! Midget bike.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Seller can be contacted with this email. I told him not to open an account just to sell here.
    But if you live or work near Kew gardens in sure viewing and kicking the tyres won’t be a problem.

S.nailor AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Correction it is a 18 inch frame

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Is a cannondale killer v. Worth keeping or scrapping ?’ is closed to new replies.