Is £1200 cheap for a 2013 26" Heckler Frame

Home Forum Bike Forum Is £1200 cheap for a 2013 26" Heckler Frame

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Is £1200 cheap for a 2013 26" Heckler Frame
  • ss

As per the title really, this frame seems to be just what I’m after but I’d hoped that given the new one is 27.5″ that there might be some better deals on the 26″ version?

Anyone know anywhere that’s got one cheaper? Really looking to buy new for warranty reasons.

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

That’s RRP isn’t it?

wilko1999

Doesn’t sound cheap, considering you can get the latest version for 1349 I think. How about this, if you don’t mind buying from ‘Europe’ and need a medium…

http://www.alltricks.com/mtb/frames/suspension-frames/santa-cruz-2013-frame-heckler-rear-shock-float-rl-black-103-151860.html

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

£1200 for an out of production frame? I’d say who ever was selling it was trying it on, deffo sub 1k, I’d say £800 even if in pristine condition

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

^wot RD said.

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

Slack-angled, tapered headtube 26″ Hecklers were only on sale for a very short time – a matter of months I think, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were pretty rare.
    That Alltricks price looks pretty good though.

£1200 is well over the RRP, isn’t it?

Sui

Snow and Rock in Chertsey have a spanking new one in the shop for £600 – it’s a medium! they don’t seem to be able to shift it!

ss

Sui you had me going there, just called them and it’s a meduim nickel they have!

Cheers all, I’d have though £800-£900 would have been a fair price for a discontinued frame that started life at £1350.

Sui

hmmm i actually thought it was a heckler, it’s a white one ziptied to the wall.. I looked at it for a replacement for me, but it’s too small. Anyway, aren’t nickles better frames due to the linkage design?

scottfitz

the one wilko1999 posted is £830, sorted!!

Scamper

As a kind of comparison Commencal are selling 2013 26 Meta AM’s for £1100, down from £2k.

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

Ballpark 60% RRP. You can still get Covert in 26 and I would guess brand new they can be had for circa £1200 if not less, why pay so much for the SC ?

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

ss – have you found one in stock and offered £850 for it?
    Worth a try – don’t just go on internet prices.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Is £1200 cheap for a 2013 26" Heckler Frame’ is closed to new replies.