• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hora.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Irregular movements- baby due in February
  • hora
    Free Member

Longshot, any experiences of this? Any issues etc?

Best mate is expecting his first and it’s stressing

andyfla
    Free Member

go see the doctor / midwife

scotroutes

More fibre?

hora
    Free Member

He was told over the phone not to worry but it doesn’t sit right with me.

docrobster
    Free Member

Contact a midwife.

stumpy01

docrobster – Member

Contact a midwife.

This. You/he really aren’t asking in the best place for proper advice.
    And your description doesn’t give people who do know a bit about these things much to go on….

He/his partner should have a direct number to the midwife team….

cp

Define irregular. Our experience is there is no logic or pattern to movements – sometimes no noticeable movement for what seems like days, other times non stop, other times regular kicks then nothing, kicks then nothing.

All babies are different, but if concerned contact the midwife. If there’s no other issues though, there’s probably nothing to worry about.

scaredypants

they should speak to midwife/antenatal service if concerned (but generally movement is good)

What’s “irregular”? – they need to be clear about that when they talk to the midwife

Esme
    Free Member

Hora, I thought you had a Mumsnet log-in? Or are you banned?
    You’ll find more pregnancy experts over there 🙄

Tallpaul

Speak to the midwife, empahsise that the worry is causing the mother stress and say you want to come in for the baby to be checked.

If you still aren’t getting seen, you can get a private ultrasound for £100 or so.

hora
    Free Member

I agree to go in/see. Over the phone he was told didn’t sound like an issue but the rate of kicks should be constant from 25weeks+ not drop.

docrobster
    Free Member

How much is a private ctg taulpaul? 🙄
    Take the advice of the team who are looking after the pregnancy, not the Internet?

docrobster
    Free Member

Is it reduced foetal movements now hora?
    That’s not quite the same thing?
    Count the kicks

cp

but the rate of kicks should be constant from 25weeks+ not drop.

Ours weren’t – all was well. We did go to the midwife once, just to allay fears – booked in for a scan which came through next day. All good. If you voice concern then in our experience you get well looked after.

Not much they can do for parent paranoia though!!!! That’s inevitable… and unfortunately it’s not helped by ‘doctor google’ saying your baby should be doing this that or the other.

Tallpaul

How much is a private ctg taulpaul?

No idea, I only know the cost of the private ultrasound we had.

docrobster
    Free Member

It was a trick question. I am not suggesting anyone should just book themselves in to a private ctg. However ultrasound scans come after ctg monitoring, which comes after listening for the heartbeat with a sonicaid once reduced foetal movements have been confirmed. The issue seems to be whether or not there really is reduced foetal movement.
    Hope that your friend’s pregnancy is going ok hora, and that the professionals involved have managed to reassure everyone.

jam-bo

as a parent of a 28 weeker, I’d say if your mate and his wife think things aren’t right, be very insistent.

arcing
    Free Member

Just phone the midwife. Our second was a lazy bugger and had extended periods of non-movement. This ends up stressing mum out, which ends up stressing dad out. Even if you ‘know’ everything is probably alright, a few hours in the unit and some monitoring sets everyone’s mind at ease and they can relax again.

The midwifes at our hospital were great, and were very supportive even though they must get loads of paranoid parents to-be fretting.

hora
    Free Member

Jam bo exactly.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Irregular movements- baby due in February’ is closed to new replies.