Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Irrational bike want …. Whats yours?
  • letmetalktomark

Thought spurred from one particular mid week video …..

There are a couple of bikes that I have and irrational want for.

Bikes that I would not get the best from.

Bikes designed for far “knarlier” riding than I am ever going to give them.

Bikes too small for me to ride anyhoo.

Here is a short list of mine – There is a theme …… 😆

Brooklyn Machine Works Race Link

Nicolai 2MXTB

Black Market MOB

DMR Bolt

What are yours?

meesterbond

I really want a time trial / Tri bike. I’ve never ridden a TT and only do 2 or 3 tri/duathlons a year.

Completely unnecessary.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes I’d like a Trek Speed Concept 9.9, totally wasted! Would also like an Ibis Mojo SL-R, which wouldn’t really be wasted, as I do plenty of riding, but it’s not justified, and actually I expect I’d end up prefering my Top Fuel anyway!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

that whole ’30’s motorbike look just makes me want one.

rickmeister

Ibis SL-R please santa..

oldgit
    Free Member

An old 40/50s racing bike to bimble to tea rooms on.

Actually started building one, but it’s not a priority.

Wouldn’t mind a 1970/80s cyclocross bike either

finbar
    Free Member

The Nicolai BMXTB is also on my list, as is a Sunday Aaron Ross signature bmx. I spend all my time riding on the road and have no use for either.

honourablegeorge

I havea slight urge for a really fast road bike. And possibly a really fast XC bike. I have no use for either, but I just love the lightness of it all.

messiah
    Free Member

An uber carbon equiped super-light XC race bike… probably with 29″ wheels.

I’d almost certainly break it taking it places it shouldn’t go but I’d still like one 😳

cookeaa

for some reason yesterday I suddenly decided a pompino with a Sturmey archer S2 rear hub would make the perfect commuter…. It wouldn’t I need all the gears I can get at the minute…

chakaping
    Free Member

I honestly can’t think of anything.

Must be something wrong with me.

staralfur
    Free Member

Been after a hardtail recently for some gentle trail riding but after laying eyes on the NS Core 2 i’ve convinced myself that it is exactly what I need.

kudos100
    Free Member

Kingdom vendetta ti 4x bike. Totally unnecessary. No 4x track nearby, too small to ride xc, expensive, I already have a jump bike.

I still want!! salivate!! must resist!!!!!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’d love one of these, but certainly haven’t got the legs for it 🙁

wwaswas

but certainly haven’t got the legs for it

Niether does the owner – it’s got a compact chainset on it 😉

neallyman
    Free Member

Been thinking about what bikes I want a lot lately!

As well as my DH race bike I want a specific set-up Enduro race bike – something 160mm travel, slack and mid-weight with a CCDB. Intense Tracer 2 or Yeti SB-66. Something like that!

But then I’d need a lighter trail bike for general riding at trail centres and any XC duties. So something around 120mm. Maybe a carbon Rocky Mountain!!

And to top it off I want a hardtail for muddy winter days and riding on the road up to the local woods for general flat-land rooty, wooded riding days close to home.

I reckon all I need is about £6k.

That’s why it’s my irrational bike want and not likely to happen any time soon…

verses

I’d like an uber-gnarly full-suss toy, but I live in Suffolk and rarely ride anywhere else so won’t be getting one any time soon…

verses

Did I really just say/type “uber-gnarly”???

JonEdwards
    Free Member

The rational want is a short-mid FS travel trail bike – to sit between my Soda and my Uzzi.

The irrational one is for a full on DH bike – fully blinged Turner DW DHR please!

warpcow
    Free Member

If most people apparently seem to want one, is it really irrational (rationalising-mode on 🙂 )?

Like many I want a DH bike. I know I’d be lucky to get a week’s worth of riding out of one per year. Something like a Transition TR450. Maybe a TR250 would be more rational?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I rather fancy a trials bike and I can’t even wheelie properly!

njee20
    Free Member

I reckon all I need is about £6k.

Really? For 3 bikes including a Yeti and a carbon RM? I’d up that estimate significantly!

If I was gonna get a Mojo it would have to be top spec! Reckon I could easily blow £6000 at retail!

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Irrational;

Less irrational, more want;

Klunk
    Free Member

I’d love one of these, but certainly haven’t got the legs for it

If you can handle the moment when the paper boy cruises past on his bmx, huge bag of papers knees up by his elbows. I Just tell myyour self it’s a recovery ride or it was that hard 20 miler yesterday 😳 😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Not irrational, just expensive and unlikely.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Irrational:

wwaswas

Love the stand for that Nicolai.

letmetalktomark

Verses – I too live in Suffolk – Not much round here requiring suspension!

Here is another……

13.5lb Niner

mrlugz
    Free Member

ir_bandito, was going to post a tandem too, not quite as mad as that one though..

I want one for me and mrs, but would probably never use it.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Nicolais seem popular – would love a Lambda ST myself and that MXTB is ace

More generally I keep lusting after silly freeride bikes I could never use effectively due to my inate lack of gnar.

tazzymtb

Titanium custom fat bike and a jones spaceframe and a carbon 29er full boinger

vancoughcough
    Free Member

19 years ago it would have been this… irrational because it was unaffordium!

and this was the cheaper (I think) version without the looptail rear end..

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Now, a freeride’ish bike I can get away with, as it rides uphills. But, I don’t ride just downhill, I don’t have anywhere near me to ride fully downhill, I don’t drive to be able to take me somewhere to ride fully downhill, and yet:

I’ve wanted one forever…

I’m still making enquiries about an ordinary as well. It may yet happen.

TiRed

Flevo back-to-back tandem

I already have two tandems 🙄 That Goodies bike has been updated by Thorn and others. S&S couplers will make quads, quints…

peteimpreza

For me it’s an Ibis Tranny.

I just love the look of it.

shortcut

I got tracking details for mine today.

Not too special or expensive it is likely to get used a lot when once I have built it. Still completely irrational and quite one speeded too. Probably just keen because I like niche stuff.

stumpy01

I’d like to get one of these frames and build it up as light as possible. Don’t know why:

and after the ‘what is the best 120mm full sus’ thread earlier, I would like one of these too:

Don’t need ’em. Would just like them. Also some kind of fancy road bike would be nice.

willard

I keep seeing very nice carbon road bikes around the area and in some of the “forbidden” shops (i.e. LBS) and I _want_ one. I can never bring myself to get one though, simply because my Raleigh Pursuit still works, and I have a morbid dislike of having two of something for the same task (apart from with sporks… you can never have too many sporks).

Also, given that I live in Cambridgeshire, a full sus would be pointless. I would still like a carbon Stumpy though.

LoCo
    Free Member

Fat(bike) chopper pub bike 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Irrational bike want …. Whats yours?’ is closed to new replies.