Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Ironing
  • Premier Icon kennyp

Get married. Then either your wife will do it or you won’t care what you’re wearing. A win win scenario.

Premier Icon ransos
    Free Member

Can’t stand ironing and now I have to be reasonably smart for work I put all my shirts in at the dry cleaners.

Each to their own, but it takes me less than 30 minutes to iron five shirts for the week, so taking and collecting them from a laundrette would hardly be worth it in time saving.

Premier Icon funkmasterp

What is this ironing your speak of?

Premier Icon kilo

Each to their own, but it takes me less than 30 minutes to iron five shirts for the week, so taking and collecting them from a laundrette would hardly be worth it in time saving.

Thirty minutes to iron five shirts!!! five minutes looking for the iron, ten minutes fighting an ironing board, five minutes letting it warm up, then filling it with water. Few minutes squirting water on shirts, then the joy of ironing in new creases, a few burns on me and shirts then put all the crap away. About three or four hours in total.

I could walk to any one of the four laundrettes / cleaners near me and back five times or more in thirty minutes and they wash the shirts and put them on hangers – it’s a chore like bleeding brakes, sounds great to know but somebody can do it well for not much money.

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy

People do actually iron socks and pants! I’ve seen my mate’s wife do it! I thought it was a 70s thing that my mum used to do. It really is quite a bizarre way to spend your time.

I have an aunt who irons her sheets and duvet covers, I’ve never understood why.

Premier Icon sharkbait
    Free Member

I have a friend who does that also…. Egyptian cotton, washed every 4 days!
    She has a bit of OCD!!

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Free Member

I’ve abused a floor steamer to knock creases out in the past. You may wish to do this without the detergent container attached.

Alternatively, if you stay in big hotels frequently, is to get them to do it. They typically have machines that could put a razor-crease in a railway sleeper. Ironing is usually only a couple of pounds in a typical big hotel; they don’t make their money from it.

Premier Icon gonefishin
    Free Member

I have an aunt who irons her sheets and duvet covers, I’ve never understood why.

I do that. It means they store more easily as they take up less room and they are much nicer when they go on the bed on the first night. I don’t however change them every 4 days!

Premier Icon franksinatra

I wish my bedroom activity justified cleaning sheets every 4 days

Once again, marriage is to blame.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.