Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • IRCHESER – anybody local? Work might be coming to you ;-)
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

I might get a contract round your way (if you’re a local type to Irchester). Work with youngsters aged 6-16, Scouts or whatever they call themselves, riding bikes, promoting cycling. Details to follow. Any local soul? Tell me the following:
    – your skills,
    – experience,
    – local knowledge,
    – availability,
    – rate of pay.
    Cheers!
    Kris

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Hi mate, i’m local will email you in a moment, you might also like to try our local club forum as thre are a few of us about,

cheers mate

Dave

Hairychested
    Free Member

Cheers Dave.

timdrayton
    Free Member

yhm

ronjeremy
    Free Member

have just posted a link on our forum for you mate

Hairychested
    Free Member

Cheers for that!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Tim, yhm too 🙂

wiiija
    Free Member

If you could email me more info, I’m local and ride irchester almost everyday 🙂 rail.monkey@gmail.com

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Yep, I ride through Irchester country park every day (I work on one side and live on the other) I’m also a member of that local club and we’ve found the council to be less than helpful to cycling causes in the the country park. I hope that this means that they’ve got some new people in, ‘cos it’s a nice spot that is currently used only as a dog toilet.

*waves at Wiija* if you see an ugly mug on an old Kona with mudguards, that’s me 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Guys, as soon as there are more details I’ll let you know. Send me emails so I’ll keep your details and will be able to keep everybody posted.
    Cheers!

wiiija
    Free Member

Totally agree Trustyrusty, its such a waste, could be something good if they had the funding. I think I know who you are trusty, I rode with treads a few times, was a work mate of dougs (not I’m not the odd danish guy! ;))

I’m constantly fighting battles with the dog walkers, not all but the few that have a major issue with cyclists (you know the ones I’m sure), they have been trying to block some trails with felled branches lately but I keep moving them………..it was interesting when one I caught one doing it last and proceeded to remove them!

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Also Hairy’ it might be worth speaking to Alan here: justracingUK as he organises the odd fun run in Irchester and has experience in most areas of organised sports events. Triathlons, sportives, running events etc,etc…

All the best,

TR

P.S. Wiija, are you a bit of a bike-pimp? (in the nicest possible way of course :wink:) or was that the Danish guy?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Trusty hey mate, wiija was and is the bike pimp if my memory serves me right. 😉

wiiija
    Free Member

Yeh I was the bike pimp, I’ve settled down a bit now I’ve got a missus, riding an Ex9 that I havent really touched with regards to spec!…………….yet 🙂

timdrayton
    Free Member

how is irchy these days, i always found it a bit stop starty, any flowy loops through there been built recently?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Let’s see what happens now, keep your fingers crossed 🙂

wiiija
    Free Member

Its not bad, I have a fair route around there based on the old FNSS route from a few years back with some slightly more technical parts thrown in (as technical as it can get there anyway), main problem is how soaked it gets down the bottom end.

They are also felling a hell of alot at the moment, for reasons that I’m not sure about.
    There is potential all over the place, the quarry could be a great place for some nice riding, never really thought about it before but rode past it on monday and after some felling I can see some potential down there, it just needs either funding or permission for volunteers to work on some trails.

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Fingers firmly crossed here, if you need any help, I’m sure that the Treads boys and girls will be happy to help, and Wiija too by the look of it 😉

As Wiija says there is a good deal there based on the old FNSS route (that we weren’t allowed to use again) but with further developement the world is you’re lobster 😀

Kuco

I haven’t rode in irchy park for about 15 years. Use to ride their alot back then.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘IRCHESER – anybody local? Work might be coming to you ;-)’ is closed to new replies.