Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Iran training thousands of female ninja's as assassins, by reuters?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Have to say when I saw this recently, I thought perfect example of the useless idiocy of modern journalism.

However Iran has now banned Reuters and also found them guilty of defamation.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/233567.html

http://presstv.com/detail/2012/09/30/264259/tehran-court-finds-reuters-guilty/

Is it any wonder that western media organizations are unwelcome or even banned in so many places?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

This was in March Kasae, have you been in a deep sleep, you can always find ‘things’ to promote a ‘theory’, the internet is the perfect medium for copy and paste projects– and also the place where people go to dismantle such things……..

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

they shouldn’t of banned them though – even this news helps to show the west that Iran is a bit more normal than might be thought.

Maybe they are not assassins, maybe they will actually be guards for the nukes they are developing…

kaesae
    Free Member

Actually the defamation case has only just been decided on, NINJA’S

bedmaker

I have it on good authority they really are assassins. Unfortunately I can’t reveal my source. They definately are though.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well they look like assassins to me. To avoid confusion why don’t they wear something a bit more girlie instead of sinister looking black ?

kaesae
    Free Member

Turnerguy, they are martial artists. Assassins use modern weapons like the ones the CIA and M16 are training terrorists / freedom fighters to use.

I wonder how long it will be before the skills the terrorists are being taught are used against civilians in the UK/US? I also do not doubt that as more terrorist attacks take place, that the UK public that will lose their freedoms to protect us from terror.

kaesae
    Free Member

Ernie how can you say that, look at how cute they look!

konabunny
    Free Member

Iran’s women athletes remain caught in a web of government control within Iran while their modest Islamic attire makes them subject to prohibition by international sporting bodies.

And now some careless or unethical journalists made the women athletes in the Karaj dojo the butt of jokes or props in their jingoistic drum beating for war on Iran. More power to them for speaking out for themselves. Unfortunately, the whole sordid affair provided the Islamic Republic a handy excuse to withdraw Reuters’ credentials, making it even harder for us to get accurate reporting from Iran at a critical time. Above all else, the story of Iranian women martial artists turns out to be a cautionary tale.
    http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/28/iranian-news-agency-plagiarizes-the-onion/
    http://www.jadaliyya.com/pages/index/4923/covering-irans-ninjas

Lifer
    Free Member

Pah, assassins are so passé

big_n_daft
    Free Member

personally I thought it a very “womens lib” story, much like gadaffi’s unit of women bodyguards

However Iran has now banned Reuters and also found them guilty of defamation

I’m sure Ken Livingstone can report the truth in their place

I wonder how long it will be before the skills the terrorists are being taught are used against civilians in the UK/US?

IIRC the Warrington bombing by the IRA had a former member of the Royal Signals as part of the PIRA ASU that got convicted for the murder of civilians. People with skills are able to use them to whatever ends they care.

I also do not doubt that as more terrorist attacks take place, that the UK public that will lose their freedoms to protect us from terror.

or what happened in Norway in reaction to a terroist act may happen here

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’d be really worried if they had run a story on the Tehran Chess club however 😉

konabunny
    Free Member

I thought it a very “womens lib” story

Yeah, but not really, though, because it ignored what the athletes themselves were saying…from the link above:

how much innuendo, exaggeration, or outright lying are we to tolerate from the press?…One athlete complained that being dubbed assassins harms their chances to compete internationally: “We want the whole world to know that Reuters has lied about us.” The athletes claim that the Reuters journalist asked them what they would do if their country was attacked and then reported their responses out of context…The Guardian produced a slideshow of the Retuers photographs with a caption, “Iran’s female ninjas: fighting for sexual equality.” In the accompanying article, Lucy Managan quipped:

For those times when Betty Friedan just isn’t enough…ninjutsu is here to help. …It turns out that when you’re denied basic human rights, restricted in your ability to dress how you want and mix with the people you choose, and when your legal testimony is officially recognized as being worth exactly half that of a man’s, you develop—if these images are anything to go by—a lot of rage. 

Unfortunately, Managan herself took a decidedly non-feminist stance in her reporting by completely ignoring the women athletes’ own comments. And it may be news to Managan, but feminism is hardly the exclusive purview of middle class white women like Friedan. Iranian women searching for feminist inspiration are more likely to read Simin Daneshvar’s novels, recite Forugh Farrokhzad’s poetry, watch Rakhshan Bani-Etemad’s films, or contemplate Shirin Neshat’s art.iii This is a common double-bind of Iranian women. Even as they are denied important rights in Iran, too often they become reduced to voiceless, mindless symbols with no agency of their own by Western writers, journalists, and academics.

atlaz
    Free Member

Have to say when I saw this recently, I thought perfect example of the useless idiocy of modern journalism.

kaesae talking about useless idiocy?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If Reuters know – it’s a definite ninjafail

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

big_n_daft – Member

I’m sure Ken Livingstone can report the truth in their place

What a bizarre and random comment. How did Ken Livingstone manage to get on this thread ? 😕

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Iran training thousands of female ninja's as assassins, by reuters?’ is closed to new replies.