Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • IQ2 Power meters $25?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

All the blurb on the internet seems to be scepticism surrounding kickstarter campaign, but they are apparently shipping at 1/5 of their already very low RRP.

https://diqume.store/products/cycling-power-metera

I’d have a punt at that price except my Garmin doesn’t support power data.

TiRed

They never shipped so don’t hold your breath. Even at 80% discount. IQ found it harder than they expected to make a reliable product. The axle extenders were ditched for conventional pedals and they’ve yet to ship those either.

MarkyG82

What’s power data? Says it supports Bluetooth and ant+. I may give it a go too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well it’s not a kickstarter page. Is it still promising future delivery?

mrmo
    Free Member

The estimated delivery takes 7-17 business days after processing. Business day are Monday – Friday, excluding holidays.

That is what it says on the page, make of that what you will.

zilog6128

That looks like one of the dodgiest websites I’ve ever seen!! 😂

Free shipping on orders over $33.90! Well of course! Shall I pay by Western Union? 😂 😂

EDIT: the contact email address is “zpwithdd0608@gmail.com” I take it back, it’s totally legit 😂 😂 😂

twowheels
    Free Member

Reading between the lines of the DCRainMaker article- IQ2 did a limited production run of the original design and realised it is junk. Now they are doing a full pedal design as TiRed says. Hard to imagine it’d be anything other than a wasted $25 (even if they send something) and not even worth cannibalising for parts.

Ewan
    Free Member

Their kick starter page is warning about scam sites…. The product is a pedal as well now. I think it’s fair to say the site originally linked to is a tad dodgy…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well it highlights one thing….the gullible.

dudeofdoom

TBH don’t bother with any ‘unknown’ power meters until they’re a known quantity 🙂

You want something that gives a reasonably consistent set of numbers and not a random meter and this seems to be a tricky thing to achieve.
    (May have a limits sat on a table here 🙂 )

alan1977
    Free Member

they were a fail, the original designer didnt realise that the thread distorting would skew the readings, that’s why they went to pedals

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘IQ2 Power meters $25?’ is closed to new replies.