Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ipod went tho the wash, but still worked..for a while..advice?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

so my ipod (third gen) went thro the wash, but worked fine for a while afterwards.then the buttons didnt respond too well.then suddenly,three weeks later, nothing.wont charge or power up etc.nothing.
    im guessing its dead but any possible chance of reviving it or any last ditch things to try before the bin??

Pook

sounds like your battery is corroded ergo – dead.

stumpy01

mate of mine dropped his iPhone into the loo. 2 weeks sat in a bowl of rice in the airing cupboard and it started working again – been fine since.

Maybe you should try the same, although from the sounds of it, the fact you kept using it immediately after has probably shorted/corroded/knackered something…..

ourkidsam
    Free Member

New batteries available off ebay. Be careful not to crack the screen when your changing it, as you'll have to then buy a new one of those too

swisstony
    Free Member

i spilt a glass of water on mine and that killed it, took it back to apple and said it had just stopped working, they looked at it and it was obvious to them what had happened as there's a water sensitive thing in it which changes colour, they did sell me a new one for half price though.

meehaja
    Free Member

mine went in the pool. left it on the fire place as it didn't work. then one day someone ws playing some decent tunes in the kitchen and my ipod was working again. fine ever since.

WTF
    Free Member

Dropped a phone in a pint once.
    Thought it was dead but later found it had shorted the battery and phone was fine,except for a massive hangover.

CountZero

Worth getting a new battery, it sounds like that's what's gone on the fritz. If that don't work, mend it with a new one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ipod went tho the wash, but still worked..for a while..advice?’ is closed to new replies.