Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iphone/ipad antivirus?
  • ferrals
    Free Member

My paypal was recently hacked into and I can’t work out why/how. As I access paypal form both phone and tablet I want to check there is no trojan type thing on them. The internet seems to suggset ath if you have the latest updates you should be fine and there isnt any antivirus worth using on apple products. Is this actually true or is there something more I can do?

edit. doh wrong forum – sorry!

jam-bo
    Drac

Could be a crap password or you were caught out by a fishing email.

CountZero

It’s your email account that gets hacked not your iDevices. Update your passwords with more complicated and secure ones.

jam-bo

And 2 factor authenication.

And don’t reuse old passwords. That’s what caught me out on my iCloud account

ferrals
    Free Member

Yeah seems like they got my email password somehow. Oh well, password changed and hopefully no harm done as PayPal refunded me

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Very useful, thank you.

Cougar

And 2 factor authenication.
    And don’t reuse old passwords.

This. Anything you care about should have a unique password. Certainly your email account – if that gets compromised, they can do a password reset request on other sites.

P-Jay
    Free Member

As for the heading. No there isn’t any, Apple simply won’t allow any AV products into the AppStore because Apple products don’t get viruses…

Anyway, best you can hope for is a web security app or the like, but they’re mostly Snake Oil.

Source: ESET.

ferrals
    Free Member

@cougar, I think this is what happened, thy got my email then changed my PayPal password using that. They also found a photo of my driving license on my email and used that to try and authenticate a big payment- thankfully they needed more id

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘iphone/ipad antivirus?’ is closed to new replies.