Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 301 total)
  • iPhone5- Wtf. Not impressed
  • hora
    Free Member

I expected more. Firstly picking it up was really underwhelming then the menu etc etc etc. I prefer the 4s. Slightly thicker but hey.

The S3 leaves it for dead. The vid screen within a screen etc…

Anyone else? I imagine the 5 works as part of a family i.e you use your ipad for browsing, iphone5 for calls. It just seems techbackwards.

Jamie
    Free Member

Well. This is surprising.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s just a phone, you know.

IanMunro
    Free Member

There’s places in China where they can make a complete custom phone for you. Just give them the exact specs you need, and you can a phone you’ll never need to replace.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

It’s just a phone, you know.

😆

So many ways this could go…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

paulosoxo
    Free Member

The S3 leaves it for dead

Why did you buy an iPhone then? You tried them both and then bought the poorer of the two, that’s just bonkers!

Konastoner
    Free Member

“you can a phone you’ll never need to replace”

it’s called the Nokia 6310i 😀

You can even get ringtone makers!

hora
    Free Member

In the Apple store. I was waiting to see if it was worth having over the s3. Im still using a rufty tufty old Samsung!

Its just a phone? Tell that to the people who queued for the released stock!

br
    Free Member

and you’re in the shop too…

jam-bo

I like it.

Millions of others do too.

Buy something you like.

mintimperial

the Nokia 6310i

My dad finally retired his 6310 last month after at least ten years solid service. It won’t play nice with the fancy bluetooth in his new car, so he got a Windows 7 thing. It’s **** awful, and I’m the mug who has to explain why it does random shit all the time, why the battery lasts about fifteen seconds, why it drops calls, or turns the ringtone off, or what the hell this newfangled thingy is squarking about this time.

Bring back bombproof, idiotproof brick phones, I say. Hmm… I wonder if I still have my 5110 somewhere?

Jamie
    Free Member

Windows 7

My condolences.

Win 8 is supposed to be the Win 7 to Win 7s Win Vista.

hora
    Free Member

At 8.40pm long after it was launched. I heard about the queuing.

Why the defensive reaction? Its a consumer product, not your lifes work 🙄

When my Blackberry broke I brought the B2700 Samsung out of retirement.

jam-bo

Idiots will queue for anything.

Kryton57

I looked at one in my hand for the first time and was impressed by the weight, the usability of Siri, the realistic 2 day battery, the faster processor, improved messaging, awesome headphones and camera improvements.

I’ve been looking at an S3 too – its not as natural to hold but is loaded with tech – which I wouldn’t use day in day out. The battery doesn’t last as long, is plastic and “feels” cheaper. So my conclusion so far is the same as the last two reviews I read – that the iphone is just better at the day to day grind. Before I had one of each in my hand for a play I was an S3 fan.

So why do you find it underwhelming? Is it because it just does what it does well, without a drama, and you were expecting a drama, or because there’s some other technology you were expecting?

ton

serves you right, for being a fashionista…………and selling yourself like a whore………….. 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

serves you right, for being a fashionista…………and selling yourself like a whore…………..

😯

davidjones15
    Free Member

I like it.
    Millions of others do too.

Is anyone really going to admit they were taken in by the marketing drivel and bought a dog?

takisawa2

I looked at the S3 & the One X last weekend, to replace my Desire HD. Must have been half a dozen folk come in asking if they had any iPhone 5’s, & I was only in the shop for 20 mins. Plenty of folk buying then.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is anyone really going to admit they were taken in by the marketing drivel and bought a dog?

It’s a phone. Not a dog. Silly!

hora
    Free Member

Kryton inhand the 5 fits better and the s3’s shape is subjective however most of the time the phone will live in the car or at home, v.rarely in pocket. So thats possibly where we diverge. On rides I always take the b2700 Samsung.

Yes the tech appeals. I rarely make calls on any mobile, only text and post-work I dont want to sit infront of a monitor etc so the s3 fits my downtime grazing? habits..

samuri
    Free Member

I bought into the marketing drivel and bought a dog. It’s ace!!!

Bit smelly though and she barks at cats too much.

Kryton57

OK we do differ – I use my phone primarily for calls, text email and the occasional surf for info plus music into/home from work – laptops at work & home for STW 🙂

Maybe thats the differentiator as you suggest…..

heckler73
    Free Member

tbh not massively impressed either, and if i hadnt sold my 4s to mazuma for 300 quid id have kept it and sold the 5……… 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Those queues would have been easier to manage if they’d used a border collie

hora
    Free Member

Im not slagging it off but the sneak previews etc. Well I guess their holding back all the new tech theyve developed since the 4 for future improved versions; 5s, 5BI-TURBO etc 😆
    to keep the customers upgrading.
    I also thought itd literally be screen edge to edge and the icons still look crowded into a small space.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Reported problems with it so far are not looking good. Light bleed, purple colour in camera Images, crap maps, the aluminium marks very easily. Couple that with the new connector that ATM only works with apple converters as they have placed a chip in the cables/converters to make it more difficult to copy making their £30 a pop products essential.
    Don’t innovate, legislate 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

Im not slagging it off but…..

To be fair, the title “IPhone 5 – WTF ” does suggest a certain amount of “slagging off”

Like you picked it up and it shit in your hand or something 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

To be fair, the title “IPhone 5 – WTF ” does suggest a certain amount of “slagging off”

Like you picked it up and it shit in your hand or something

More like not sure why this is so hyped??

hora
    Free Member

I had to use txt-youthspk in the title to keep it young/techy 8)

hertz32
    Free Member

I love the new maps and how retarded they are. Try going to a chinese that your phone is telling you is in the middle of a lake…

cinnamon_girl

Bring back the 6310! It worked. 8)

geoffj

It just seems techbackwards.

*toddles back to the trademarks thread 💡

dogbert
    Free Member

Why the defensive reaction? Its a consumer product, not your lifes work

This might be the best answer to the iphone arguing I’ve heard

I was discussing music with my mate yesterday harking back to when we would swap tapes, hear about new music through Melody Maker and go search in the local record shop……he ended the conversation with “Internet, smart phones, wish they’d all just **** off” 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

@hora – I think I have this right, please confirm with either a yes or a no.

You don’t have an iPhone 5
    You don’t have an iPhone 4S
    You don’t have an S3

Of all the phones you don’t have you prefer the S3 but not actually enough to replace your old klunker ?

aP
    Free Member

I’m just amazed that you all know the model number of your phones. I have an orangey Sony thing and a black iPhone thing – what else do I need to know?

CountZero

I bought the phone that does exactly what I want it to do, and that phone is an iP5. It feels excellent in the hand, light and slick, but not flimsy, it’s blistering fast, even on 3G, loading web pages is visibly much faster than my 4. Benchmark tests have shown the processor is running at 1.32GHz, and it’s as fast as my G3 PowerBook.
    The camera is stunning, excellent in low light, and it produces a 23Mb A4 image at 300dpi CMYK, perfect for print repro, the face recognition works very well, and the autostitch panorama function is brilliant, especially at gigs.
    Call quality is superb, and best of all, it’s not the size of my head, meaning its comfortable to carry in my pocket, not in a handbag, and it’s small enough to use for car satnav without getting in the way, while still having a screen big enough to be perfectly usable for maps, ebooks, video, etc.
    Anyone who is disappointed is just a fashion-led poser, expecting all sorts of whizzy bells and whistles to wave around in front of all their mates down the pub, with the latest fart app; the rest of us carry on quietly using a superb pocket computer that fits neatly into our everyday lives. Mine will eventually go into a fully enclosed armoured waterproof case, because I couldn’t give a toss about other people seeing whether or not it’s an iPhone I’m using.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I SINCERELY hope that Apple start haemorrhaging money like both they and Microshit did back in the 90’s.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 301 total)

The topic ‘iPhone5- Wtf. Not impressed’ is closed to new replies.