Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • iphone4 vs Samsung s2 – sorry !!
  • GrahamS

There are free versions of everything I want

Fair enough.

I play a lot of games and most of the decent ones (i.e. by recognised publishing houses) cost some money (e.g. some classics like Settlers, Civilisation, Red Alert, Secret of Monkey Island)

Though currently I’m playing through Tiger Woods PGA Tour by EA Games and that was free.

something that definitely can’t be said for my iPad.

Does no one write anything worth charging for on Android then?

Or does everything just have ads in it?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I didn’t want an iphone so didn’t buy one, she did want one so did buy one. Somehow we’ll have to cope with buying our own apps, I’m not sure if it’s even possible to live with such a thing hanging over us but with gods help we’ll struggle on.

scaredypants

I know somebody who’s made an app that’s available for iphones or android

the android one is being given away while the iphone one is a small fee, because apparently it’s a minefield to set up charging via android and not worth the small amount they’d make on it

rwc03
    Free Member

Does no one write anything worth charging for on Android then?

Or does everything just have ads in it?

There’s a company called google, and they release a few apps for free like goggles and turn by turn navigation, but apart from that not much.

Cougar

you could share all the apps you buy

Only if you shared a (Google / iTunes) account, surely?

GrahamS

There’s a company called google

Yeah, I’ve heard of them. They wrote a few iPhone apps too I think. 😉

Only if you shared a (Google / iTunes) account, surely?

We have two different iTunes accounts but we sync to the same iTunes library so we share all the same stuff automatically.

Not sure how it works for droid.

Woody
    Free Member

Well, after all that it was worth waiting a couple of days.

Couldn’t resist and have just ordered an iPhone4S at the same contract rate as the IP4 was on yesterday.

Cost me an extra £60 for the phone but well worth it (I hope) for the 8mp camera improvement and Siri. Quite excited now 😀

loddrik
    Free Member

Fwiw ive had a couple of iphone 4’s and now have an s2. The samsung is a much better device than tne 4 but ios is definitely better thsn Android. Apps are crap by comparison. The s2 feels a good bit quicker and is much nicer for browsing on. Screens are pretty similat and tge iPhone is horrible to hold. I miss the apps but not the phone.

donsimon
    Free Member

Fwiw ive had a couple of iphone 4’s and now have an s2. The samsung is a much better device than tne 4 but ios is definitely better thsn Android. Apps are crap by comparison. The s2 feels a good bit quicker and is much nicer for browsing on. Screens are pretty similat and tge iPhone is horrible to hold. I miss the apps but not the phone.

The only downer being that the predictive text is a bit of a bugger.

loddrik
    Free Member

I am, it has to be said, still getting to grips with SwiftKey.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘iphone4 vs Samsung s2 – sorry !!’ is closed to new replies.