Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iPhone, windows and a zillion photos
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

The wife has an iPhone, I’m not 100% sure of the model, but it’s not one of the big ones so it may well be a 7, it has the latest iOS on it and as she likes to take a billion photos of everything and share screenshots instead of links etc the storage is full to the point where she can hardly do anything with it.

We’ve only got a Windows laptop running Windows 10, and if you plug it in there to save the photos off the phone to the hard-drive or whatever, you can’t access them all via Windows so they can’t be removed.

Is there an easy way to get the pictures off the iPhone, but still have them saved physically somewhere?

nitster

Install iTunes on laptop, connect iPhone via usb. Select trust this device and you should?! be able to transfer your pictures. Google Apple support transfer photos to PC for more details.

tlr

Are they not already on the iCloud? If so download them from there to the PC.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve tried the iTunes thing and it doesn’t work, I think they may be on the iCloud I’ll give that a go

tony07
    Free Member

There’s a setting in camera or photos to transfer as most compatible or something along those lines. Might need to change that for it to work on the windows laptop.

CountZero

Check to see if she has an iCloud account and that save photos to cloud storage is enabled. That leaves thumbnail images on the phone so that the full image can be downloaded when necessary for printing or whatever.

jimmy748

If it has the latest Software installed, it should upload the pictures to iCloud and just keep a thumbnail version on the phone until you open that picture and then it will download the picture to view, are you sure it’s the phone that’s full and not the iCloud account?

dannybgoode

I use both iCloud and OneDrive to sync my photos from my iPhone. OneDrive makes it easy for me to view *and properly back up* my photos on my Windows PC.

If the photos have any value at all, sentimental or otherwise, you need to have them backed up on a hard drive in your possession as well on ‘in the cloud’.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iPhone, windows and a zillion photos’ is closed to new replies.