Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • iPhone users recommend me a cover
  • sheldona
    Free Member

Just got a new geek phone 🙂 What covers do you recommend before I trash it?

Thanks

flamejob
    Free Member

none, just keep it in your pocket with nothing else and the screen facing your leg.

People who put screen protectors on iPhones… well that is a whole other kettle of fish.

MrNutt
    Free Member

The Breeders do a great one of the Beatles “happiness is a warm gun”

MrNutt
    Free Member

on a more helpful note, why not just keep it in an odd sock?

sheldona
    Free Member

Thanks guys!

druidh
    Free Member

MrNutt – Member

The Breeders do a great one of the Beatles “happiness is a warm gun”

Darn it. I was hoping to get in with one of those. Grrr!

AndyPaice
    Free Member

I use an Oakley sunglasses bag and it’s kept it unmarked for about 7 months. Apart from the two bits wgere I dropped it on tarmac and a slate floor 🙁

You can get iSocks I think, like a neoprene case.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Darn it. I was hoping to get in with one of those. Grrr!

Grrr…me too…got all excited too!!

john_walker74
    Free Member

invisible cover

I’ve got one of these ^ – have only had it for a couple of months, but so far so good…

Wally

You do need a hard cover and an invisible plastic cover over screen.
    I was given a mark1 one, it goes everywhere, seidio hard case(ebay), replace plastic screen cover every 3 months or so when keys scratch it up. £15 for case and screens, nothing compared to a busted phone.
    I love mine…but it was free 🙂

dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

Otter Boxes do some really good ones if you are looking for something seriously rugged. I got mine from Amazon.

The less rugged option (Defender I think it was called) is not too bulky. Waterproof, shock proof and you can still use the touch screen through it.

DTAW

loddrik
    Free Member

Mine goes in my pocket or in a sock in my bag on a ride

GrahamS

I just picked up a rubber cover and screen protector for £2.50 from Amazon.

Rubbish quality, but I just wanted something to protect it while I was carrying it snowboarding and it did the job nicely.

Sandwich

Revo iSkin for me cost about £20. Very rugged but not strictly waterproof.

CountZero

Invisible Shield is good as it’s helicopter tape and the slightly ‘tacky’ surface makes it easier to hold. Available from Mobilefun.com, I believe. Other than that the ‘Pod socks work pretty well, apart from having to get the phone out of your pocket then out of the sock.

flamejob
    Free Member

*opens kettle of fish

I’m an early adopter so have had mine since day 1; I thought hard about those screen protectors but never did it. My phone has been dropped, kicked, sat on, crashed on and once my earbud got caught in the front wheel of my road bike which pulled my phone out of it’s timbuk2 strap pouch and went sliding accross Hammersmith roundabout on it’s screen. I managed to run out and fetch it before it got crushed by a bus.

It’s 16 months old and still looks fine after never being in a case or screen protector.

I can understand where the screen protector mentality comes from as most phones have plastic screens that scratch easily, but this is glass, you would have to try very hard to scratch it.

Aside from that they make the screen feel all tacky. It was Apple’s experience with the tactility and resilliance of glass that made them use it for the MacBook trackpad.

(posted on… You guessed it; an iPhone!)

surfer
    Free Member

Slight OT but where is the cheapest place to get one?

solamanda
    Free Member

</hijack> Can anyone recommend one for a classic ipod?

Marmite
    Free Member

I have the Switcheasy Rebel one, good, has extra bit to cover the connector, I have to keep this for 18 months (it’ll be the first for me with a phone) so I want it to still look mint when I come to ebay it at the end of the contract!!

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.php

samuri
    Free Member

I thought the screens were actually silicon or boron or something even harder than glass.

Still, I watch videos on mine and it cost me a frigging fortune so I’ll just buy a 5 quid case and keep it in that. The case keeps it all nice and safe and provides a little extra padding, causes me no harm so i’m happy with it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘iPhone users recommend me a cover’ is closed to new replies.