iPhone unlock with 'touch' gloves

Home Forum Chat Forum iPhone unlock with 'touch' gloves

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iPhone unlock with 'touch' gloves
  • Can’t work out how to unlock my phone without taking my gloves off. I’m sure if you pressed the home button a few times it used to bring up code entry. Now (i think since last update) I can only get to siri or apple pay.

It only seems to bring up the code after failing to read a finger print (and a glove doesn’t seem to get picked up as a ‘bad’ fingerprint rea)

mrblobby

If I press the round button twice with a gloved finger it asks me for unlock code.

P-Jay

tap the home button once to get it to light up, once again will bring up the code entry.

Mine is only a pain if, when I’ve removed my gloves my hands are a bit damp, then it wants to try to read the print a few times before admitting it can’t.

Matt – it’s winter

tap the home button once to get it to light up, once again will bring up the code entry.

That’s what’s isn’t working for me but I think its just me being an idiot and not using the part of the glove that it reads.

samcuk87

Fingerprint? Its all about FaceID on iPhone X now 😉

Can’t it read your irises?

Dunno if it’s made it as far as Apple yet, but my latest android phone knows when it’s not been put down doesn’t ask for a code/fingerprint (just press the button and swipe the screen to ‘unlock’).

[/smugface]

Premier Icon P20
    Subscriber

I’ve had this too. Sometimes it will bring the pin code screen up, but not always. Only a problem since the latest iOS

’ve had this too. Sometimes it will bring the pin code screen up, but not always. Only a problem since the latest iOS

maybe I’m not being an idiot. just tried it again with a ‘non-smart’ bit of glove and it worked. seems intermittent.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.