Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • iPhone this, android that
  • lexinoo
    Free Member

Molgrips
    Did you set the default search to google in the browser settings first before selecting sakha in phone settings?
    It’s strange if it doesn’t work.Works on all the phones ive tried it on now,all Nokia lumias on wp8,not on 7 are you?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

And what, pray tell will any of these really do that your iphone 4 won’t? Your Iphone 4 that you can wrap in crisp £20 notes that you haven’t had to spend.

jedimaster
    Free Member

xperia z, water proof, dust proof, has great gps receiver so perfect for endomondo, amazing 13mp camera so you can shoot great pics of the trails. In order to make it tough I would recommend buying a case mate tough case.
    the only bad bit about it is the battery life but you can always buy these on the go battery chargers, other than that i’m 100% happy with it 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23940171 – Hmmm. With that and the merger of RT>WP seems like things will continue to get shaken up. Also – Elop is a git, and now a extra-very handsomely provided-for git.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lexinoo, yes I had it set to google. I did have local searches on though, that may mess it up.

The sale of Nokia phones makes me a bit sad though.. I hope MS continue to support the business in Europe.

samuri
    Free Member

And what, pray tell will any of these really do that your iphone 4 won’t? Your Iphone 4 that you can wrap in crisp £20 notes that you haven’t had to spend.

Nothing. What can I say. I want a cool new phone despite the old one being perfectly fine. I’d say the only justification I can provide is that the new phone will have a bigger screen making reading books on it easier. And of course, I make a teenage boy (or man) very happy by giving him a phone that he really wants.

But ultimately I’ve been suckered by marketing.

samuri
    Free Member

Well, for those that are interested in this.

I got an HTC One today. I went into the O2 shop and said I was going to leave unless they matched the internet offer I’d printed off. (600 minutes, unlimited texts, 750MB Data, £30 per month, free handset).

They eventually agreed to £32, free handset, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data. Happy with that.

The HTC One is a nice phone. Dead fast, good to hold and I’m starting to get it set up how I want. Battery life already appears to be absolutely pants though. It was fully charged at 4pm and was almost empty at 10pm with a bit of texting and 30 minutes of talking. Dunno, need to keep an eye on that.

themoodster
    Free Member

Nexus 4. Ridunculously cheap, wicked fast, and wireless charging is too cool.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@samuri – thanks for the update it’s always good to know what gets decided

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve got an HTC one, can’t fault it. Why anyone considers Apple & their tied UN thou shalt not mix with other companies (only Bluetooth to other apple devices WTF!!) Attitude is strange to me

My deal was, free phone, 600 mins, unlimited txt, free BT wifi hotspots & 3GB data for £35 with EE but my contract was up & I used the magic phrase “i’m thinking of leaving”

Battery lasts all day on mine, but the BT wifi & 4G does help with that, mainly browsing here, Twitter, instagram & Gmail

molgrips
    Free Member

I hate HTC because of my wife’s last phone. They gave it hardly any memory then filled that up with games and crap you could not delete, even though you don’t want it.

A truly shocking way to approach your relationship with your customers. The deals with the game company took priority over phone usability. They’ll never get another of my pennies for having that attitude.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Whats iOS?? 😯

samuri
    Free Member

I found the auto-sync was causing massive battery leakage so I set that to wireless only and the battery life is looking a lot better now. I removed a couple of widgets too like the weather one which has also helped.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘iPhone this, android that’ is closed to new replies.