Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Iphone screen repair??
  • banginon

Anyone had it done or done it themselves??

Any info on where to get a reliable supplier for a screen/digitiser – huge range and huge price range too.

Not feared about doing the fiddley repair myself just want to make sure I get a good sharp, working screen.

Or – is there a service available that is so good that it’s not worth doing myself???

Cheers

Rik

jam-bo

– is there a service available that is so good that it’s not worth doing myself???

depends how old it is. Apple might give you a new one if you’re lucky…

banginon

Nah, it’s out of warranty and all that. If i can fix it I’ll give it my daughter has her eye on it..

SamB
    Free Member

I’ve used UK Ipod repairs for my iPhone and iPod before and they were fantastic both times. Reasonably cheap and very fast turnaround.

http://www.ukipodrepairs.co.uk/

Drac

Warranty or not Apple will do a replacement sometimes they charge, if they do just tell them no thanks.

z1ppy

go in and look depressed when they talk to you… I reckon they don’t like the image of an unhappy customer in their shop.. worked for me, got a reconditioned unit well past warranty even after the lad had said “no chance”
    (admittedly I was very very hungover… not depressed)

banginon

Two options then – send it off for a few days for a garanteed fix for £67

or

take a trip to the city, spend the money on getting properly smashed, then try Apple in the morning with a stinking hangover……

Hmmm……

it’s tricky??

jfletch
    Free Member

Its worth a try with Apple but its pot luck whether they take pity on you or not.

I obviously didn’t look needy enough or the Apple “genius” didn’t fancy me as they told me it was £120 for a refubished phone to replace my cracked screen.

In the end I got the screen replaced for £50 at the local dodgy IT fix it shop and it works fine now.

CountZero

It’s not too difficult to fix yourself, or get a more dextrous person to do it, like a girl I work with; three times she’s flung her phone on the floor and smashed the screen*! new one off ebay, sortred 😀
    *Not deliberately, just waving her hands around and lets go… 🙄

xiphon
    Free Member

Did it myself, when my wife cracked her screen.

Patience, and YouTube were the key ingredients!

I used a small flat screwdriver, instead of the ‘iPhone screen removal tool’ (which is like a mini tyre-lever)

banginon

I don’t have a problem doing it myself, I just don’t want to waste any cash buying a dodgy screen..

@ Xiphon- did you get a replacement off ebay or from where? and was it anywhere near as good as the original?

happynicky
    Free Member

i think you will get the answer on youtube

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Iphone screen repair??’ is closed to new replies.