Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • iPhone OS v4 Available now!
  • giantjason
    Free Member

is anyone else finding the download really slow with the connection timing out?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nope, mine downloaded through iTunes on a mac in less than 6 minutes.

GrahamS

Got the download in around 7 minutes. But the actual upgrade takes FOREVER.

Have done the wife's 3G and I'm off to bed and leaving it doing my 3GS overnight.

Note: interestingly my wife's Calendar appears to be empty. It can see our various Google Calendars, but the events are not yet appearing. I suspect they will given time 😕

armchairbiker

26 mins according to my itunes……

Jamie
    Free Member

*waits patiently for jailbreak*

GrahamS

Not sure exactly why it had to download it again to apply the same upgradeto my phone 🙄

matthewjb
    Free Member

Not sure exactly why it had to download it again to apply the same upgradeto my phone

I think the 'upgrade' is different for the 3G and 3Gs. When I did mine a few weeks ago you had to choose the correct update file.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Mine took ages. First impressions are good though.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

*waits patiently for jailbreak*

yep exactly 😐 😀

GrahamS

Updated fine overnight and all seems good this morning.

The Calendar sorted itself out. An issue at Google apparently – probably due to millions of iPhones all suddenly wanting a full refresh of their Calendar data.

New spellcheck is nice, but sadly the Opera browser doesn't use the normal textbox so it doesn't work in that. May be forced back to Safari as my spalling is terribl.

alexxx
    Free Member

sleepcycle crashed over night and not sure my snooze function worked on clock 🙁

OmarLittle
    Free Member

i've been stuck at the 'backing up iphone' bit for the last 3 hours. frustrating!

DrJ

Updated fine overnight and all seems good this morning

Yeah – took ages, but now … on a 3G, what good stuff is there apart from Folders?

glenh
    Free Member

Nothing. This is iphone OS we are talking about. 8)

GrahamS

DrJ: the new features guide that ChrisS linked to earlier is worth a read:
    http://www.tipb.com/2010/06/14/ios-4-walkthrough/

The 3G is pretty crippled tho.
    Apples way of making you need an upgrade 😀

DrJ

Nothing. This is iphone OS we are talking about.

Many a true word spoken in jest. I'll be happy if there are no shiny trinkets that look fancy for a while and then start annoying you and wasting your battery. (I've been down that road with Palm "launcher" applications, and always just came back to the basic setup)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Only got myself TuneIn Radio yesterday. A combination of that, multi-tasking and my client's unsecured Wifi is keeping me very happy this week 🙂

GrahamS

Aye good app deadly. Try "Total Biker FM" 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

I've had iOS4 for nearly a week now, and the battery consumption is much improved! 3GS here btw.

ooTunes doesn't seem play music in the background, despite being 3.1 which has iOS4 support & multi-tasking.

GrahamS

TuneIn Radio works nicely in the background and works with the new sound control that appears to the left of the app dock bit. (double-click Home then swipe to the right)

carbon337
    Free Member

I use radio box but it doesnt work with multitasking – time for tuneIn radio by the looks of it.

GrahamS

carbon: they may do an update. TuneIn only updated yesterday.

carbon337
    Free Member

Graham, just done an app store updates check and there it was radiobox update issued today. Fixed 🙂

GrahamS

Yes, yes, the selection of Home Screen wallpaper is lovely Apple, but where is the "I don't want any sodding wallpaper: plain black is fine by me" button?

jam-bo

its called the 3G option…

Rio

plain black is fine by me

I'm using a photo taken with my hand over the lens!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Ill wait for the os to be jailbroken before upgrade. I dont want to lose sbsettings its genius also aquiring copilot live was nice 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

monkeychild – Member
    Ill wait for the os to be jailbroken before upgrade. I dont want to lose sbsettings its genius also aquiring copilot live was nice

It already is if you are using a 3G.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i'm on a 3gs and none of the jail breaks are suggesting implementing them + 4.0 yet, unless i've missed something?

Jamie
    Free Member

i'm on a 3gs and none of the jail breaks are suggesting implementing them + 4.0 yet, unless i've missed something?

You are correct. Apparently depending on you baseband, and whether you need an unlock, the 3GS tools shouldn't be too long arriving, but are not quite there yet. Probably for the best really as allows Cydia etc to iron out some of the bugs it has with iOS4.

theflatboy
    Free Member

ah right, was so excited i didn't respect the distinction!

GrahamS

I'm using a photo taken with my hand over the lens!

Genius!

Jamie
    Free Member

ah right, was so excited i didn't respect the distinction!

No worries. I am on a 3G and have it jailbroken already. Thing is i am selling to my sis and getting a 3GS at the end of the week so will be in the same boat as yourself so keeping an eye on all the right places.

CountZero

Downloaded both the Safari and iTunes updates last night, then iOS4, then left the phone connected from around 10.00pm 'till 7.45am backing up/installing new OS/re-installing apps, and when I left for work at 7.50am it was just re-installing music/videos. Been playing with the folders function, and that I like a lot. Most new features won't work on my 3G, but the new 4G on Thursday will give me a lot more to play with. Letting mapping/nav apps run while I take photos is one feature I will use a lot, also having Tuneit running in the background will be really useful. I've seen a few forum posts saying iOS4 has made phones really slow, but mine seems to be running quicker at the mo'.

AlasdairMc

Upgrade of iTunes took an age as my pc is ancient, but the actual phone upgrade was seamless.

Has anyone else noticed suggested words appear slightly fuzzy on-screen? 3GS btw.

Al

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘iPhone OS v4 Available now!’ is closed to new replies.