Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • iPhone lock button stuck … iCloud help!
  • stox
    Free Member

Ok, the lock button on my iPhone 4 is stuck so it can’t be pressed. Seems to be quite common from a google search.
    It’s still in warranty so I’m going to the apple store tomorrow. Google search suggests they may replace my phone.

Question is , I’ve never plugged mine into a pc. My iCloud back up is on so If I run a manual backup tomorrow before I go to the store, if they then give me a new phone will the new phone update to how the old one was when I run an iCloud update?? Is it as easy as that???

geoffj

I would have thought that the apple store will check and backup if required.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I would have thought that the apple store will check and backup if required.

nope

run a manual backup, then restore when your home

have you booked a genius appointment? they wont see you without one and are normally booked up a week in advance

nealglover
    Free Member

They should do it for you, the backup that is. They did with mine in January.

Mine was in warranty by one week (which was a total fluke, as I had no idea)

But when my brothers failed, he was two months outside of the warranty and they wouldn’t replace it for free, so we took the back off it and put a thin bit of plastic (from a clear envelope sleeve thing) between the outer button and the inner piece, took five minutes and its been working fine ever since.

stox
    Free Member

Checked online and no appointments tomorrow so going to the store to try to at least log it so I can return next week – I’m in warranty but can’t remember by how much!

Nealglover – thanks … Ive seen that fix on a YouTube vid … Tempted to try it myself but I’m in warranty so may as well take advantage of that .

jota180
    Free Member

They should do it for you, the backup that is.

Maybe, even probably

I still wouldn’t rely on it though, backup before you go

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘iPhone lock button stuck … iCloud help!’ is closed to new replies.