Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • iphone in the toilet.. -(
  • iainc

my daughter just dropped her iphone in the toilet, thankfully before pee’ing 👿

so is it terminal ? will it dry out ?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

My brother once dropped his phone in the toilet bowl whilst pulling the flush (had it in the same hand). Never saw it again.
    He wasn’t happy.

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s funny, any pics?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

psychle
    Free Member

pop it in your oven on its lowest setting for a while (on mine its 50C)… saved my phone this way after I dropped it in a canal 😳 , it still works fine to this day… YRMV of course! 😉

iainc

just googled it, not looking good.

Thankfully it is insured

Zedsdead
    Free Member

worth trying to remove the battery and dry it out. Nothing to loo-se.

No idea if it will work but at the price they are I’d give it a go.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Bury it in a bowl of rice and leave it there for a week or two.

I know, sounds ridiculous, but my mate did this after putting his ipod touch through the washing machine and it’s fine.

Uncooked rice BTW.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Yep, I tried it with a bowl of Ambrosia creamed rice and it made it even worse.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh dear, she must be quite flush-tered at that faux-poo 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Uncooked rice, in airing cupboard. I would NOT EVER trust my oven to maintain a good temp even if it did say 50 on the dial!

I once dropped my car keys down a portaloo. The only set…

Kuco

My Nokia dried out when I left it in a bowl of rice for 48 hours.

nickc

Turn it off straight away. don’t be tempted to play, or plug it in. Stick it in the airing cupboard. my old one came back eventually with a slightly ghostly screen

Dickyboy

+1 for not turning it on, remove battery sim card, memory card etc & leave in warm place for a week (must be 100% dry before turning it on) then try it

phiiiiil

Ovens are quite damp places, hence the steam-up-your-glasses effect, that wouldn’t work surely?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Remove the sim and the battery, leave open for a couple of days. My E71 is still alive despite bathing in the Irish Sea.

Jamie
    Free Member

Put it in a bowl of raw rice….or did I dream that?

crikey
    Free Member

You can’t take the battery out of an iPhone…

It’s probably toast..

CountZero

Obviously the battery stays in, but it has soldered connections, take out the sim and put in a bowl of rice, and If you have any kicking around or can get some, a few packets of silica gel as well, then put in the airing cupboard. I was down on Clevedon pier yesterday getting very paranoid about using my iPhone to take pics, as the decking planks have gaps in just wide enough to take a carelessly dropped iPhone, Touch or iPod, straight down into the Bristol Channel…
    No way back from that one.

MrNutt
    Free Member

thank god she wasnt running iFlush!

iainc

LOL at some of those 😆

It’s resting in a bag of rice for now !

Cheers

iamtheresurrection

Mine’s been down the toilet too (I had just had the handset replaced for £130 through a broken screen too).

I turned it off and left it in the airing cupboard overnight, standing upright. It was a bit erratic for a day or two when I turned it back on (the screen was a bit jazzy) but it’s been fine since (about 8 months ago now).

Good luck.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

The rice thing works in a zip lock bag in the airing cupboard for a week. The rice will pull all the moisture out of the phone, after stripping everything out of it first.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘iphone in the toilet.. -(’ is closed to new replies.