Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Iphone Games suggestions? no 3G
  • jekkyl

hey up. I’m after suggestions for a new game or two to play on my iphone at work. I don’t get a data signal in the bogs there so it has to be offline. I like puzzle games. The apple app store is horrendous and I cannot see how to browse to the top free games, most downloaded ever. So it’s over to you?
    thanks

seosamh77
    Free Member

chess.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Ballz.

Bit like breakout, not sure why it’s so addictive but it is. The good thing is you can play it a bit then put it down/close the app and come back and carry on later.

Current high score = 450

metcalt

I’ve been playing Dune recently and find it a good way to pass 5 minutes, all you do it tap the screen to make a ball speed up. The idea is to jump over sand dunes as smoothly as possibly, like hitting take off and landings properly on a bike. Little bit of thought and timing involved.

GrahamS

The idea is to jump over sand dunes as smoothly as possible

Sounds like Tiny Wings.

Currently I’m playing Puzzledom which is a collection of different visual puzzle types in one app.

I also play the Finger Arts version of Sudoku a fair bit.

For quick action stuff, Minion Rush or Mmmm Fingers.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Thumb Drift
    Word Cookies
    VS Racing 2
    Flick Golf
    Flick Soccer
    Chopper Mike

pumper
    Free Member

edge

the-muffin-man

Threes

jam-bo

Two tap and a scroll….

App Store
    Bottom row, games icon.
    Scroll down to top free games.

muggomagic

Microsoft solitaire is good for this sort of thing. It has all the old card PC games

Non puzzle games
    Rayman games are very very good
    Shadow blade (not sure if this is free)
    Stick cricket and stick tennis

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I like puzzle games.

Quell+

I love it!

Ingenious, simple to play, elegantly constructed, addictive, strangely ‘zen’ yet increasingly fiendish. Those in the Quell series are the only games I find myself keeping permanently installed.

There are subsequent games in the Quell anthology, but IME best to start with Quell+.*

*Unless you drop £3.99 and buy the whole collection of four as one purchase.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app-bundle/quell-puzzle-anthology/id1234384048?mt=8

RDL-82
    Free Member

Plague Inc.

Starts simply enough but gets challenging.

jekkyl

Great. Thanks guys.

DavidB
    Free Member

Malvern Rider has killed my productivity with Quell+ what a great game

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

😳

But it’s not like I didn’t warn yerz 😉

*edit – now £2.50 for the bundle. Bargainous!

Anothet simple, addictive, unusual game (was free last I looked) is:

Okay? by Philipp Stollenmayer
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/okay/id962050549?mt=8

muggomagic

Klocki and Zip Zap are really good puzzle games too. Especially Klocki as there is no intro or how to guide, you just have to figure it out.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Flow
    Flow Bridges
    Flow Hex
    Flow Warps

hammyuk
    Free Member

Oh – Toy Mechanic – that’ll fry your brain….

midlifecrashes

Pathos for a wandering round the dungeons in 2d type thing.

GrahamS

Okay? by Philipp Stollenmayer

Thanks for that one. Hooked me in nicely.
    Just completed it.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Having a dabble at Kami2 at the minute. Good little puzzler.

And muppetWrangler 450 at Ballz. How?! Driving me mad that one!

GrahamS

Likewise! I’m only on the second unlockable ball and I’m getting my ass kicked.

Best I’ve managed so far: 178 😳

Good game though

flowr1der661
    Free Member

Hi i got some suggestions. I play mountain bike mayhem and shred Also have real racing 3 . I also play mx and snowboard games and yes ive paid for some like warhammer quest and bards tale is a laugh.

GrahamS

My best on Ballz is now 321.

Is it me or do the unlockable balls actually make it harder? I’m on the orange ball at the moment and I often seem to get caught out very early on.

RDL-82
    Free Member

My best on Ballz is now 321.

Damn you! That’s it no more work for today. I have a top score to work on!

Best I’ve managed is 128 😐

Haven’t noticed the ball thing. I just thought it was a choice of pretty colours!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

And muppetWrangler 450 at Ballz. How?! Driving me mad that one!

I’ve hit the high 300’s about a dozen times but 450 was a bit of a fluke not got close to it since. I often get caught out very early in the game but if I can get up to around 50 or 60 then I stand a good chance of going on to a good score. The knack seems to be mastering very acute angles and thinking about where the ball is going to end up for the next shot.

I’ve no idea what the hollow circular objects do other than remind you how much of your life you’ve wasted playing ballz

orange ball

there’s an orange ball?

RDL-82
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what the hollow circular objects do other than remind you how much of your life you’ve wasted playing ballz

They are ‘coins’ as such. You use them to ‘buy’ the other coloured ballz. Main menu and the 3 balls together button next to the no ads option.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

RDL-82: Cheers. I’ve not delved into any of the extra’s just playing the bog standard game.

JackHammer

Been playing Darkest Dungeon on my ipad, but the GUI might be a bit challenging on a iPhone.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

In more Ballz news I just jumped up from the standard white ball to a mucky brown coloured ball and I cant tell any difference in the gameplay other than the ball is fractionally harder to see against the black background.

GrahamS

Hmm maybe it’s just me then mW. I was regularly getting into the hundreds but now I seem to keep failing below 50. 😕

I was hoping one of the unlocks would be the 45 degree tiles, which seem to be hinted at in the little “Tap To Share” icon. But no sign of them yet.

GrahamS

Watch that data allowance with Ballz!
    Just got a warning text from EE. Checked my usage:

😯

RDL-82
    Free Member

Crikey.

Just checked mine. 200mb. I don’t ever ‘continue’ however. Have you been and maybe that’s why it’s so high with the ad you need to watch.

Seems crazy high though.

GrahamS

I’ve continued a few times, but not THAT often, and it’s only usually a 30 second video.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh, if we’re now including ‘with Data’ games you really have to try ‘Last Day on Earth’ it’s brilliant.

GrahamS

Oh, if we’re now including ‘with Data’ games..

We’re not supposed to be. Ballz only uses data for adverts.

Just a stupid amount of it for some reason!

jk83
    Free Member

Innocent! It’s a puzzle game combined with a crime solving style of game – I really enjoyed it.

RDL-82
    Free Member

GrahamS do you play a lot? I’ve had it installed since this thread started and used a fraction. I have one of those apps installed that we can’t talk about however(!) but would imagine that only works in browser unless they block in the background too.

GrahamS

I’ve only had it installed for two days!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Iphone Games suggestions? no 3G’ is closed to new replies.