Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iPhone covers/cases?
  • matthew_h
    Free Member

Any recommendations for covers or cases to protect and iphone?

Been looking at the Air Jacket which seems to be well regarded but seems a lot of money for a thin bit of plastic and some film.

Any others worth considering?

I’m basicaly after something to minimise scratching but also some protection against minor drops etc.

sq225917
    Free Member

Hard case or soft case.

The leather wallety ones are the only thing that afford any shock protection.

mboy
    Free Member

I use a clear protective film on the screen, and a full silicone cover over the rest of the phone. In 18 months of iPhone ownership, phone is completely scratch/dent/mark free, and it doesn’t get treated lightly. Goes everywhere with me, has been dropped accidentally a few times. My old Nokia looked like it had been driven over by comparison, I am not known for looking after phones!

Only issue with the silicone case is that it’s grippy, so makes it harder to slide the phone in and out of tight jeans pockets say. But if you don’t wear trousers with mega tight pockets, then no issues really.

GrahamS

I got a rubber case and screen protector from Amazon for £2.
    Looks gash, but does the job. I only use the rubber when I’m carrying the phone and doing something active. The rest of the time I use it bare with just the screen protector – who really cares if the back gets a tiny bit scratched?

Sandwich

Revo iSkin here. Pricey has rubber bungs for dock and earphone connector, a film cover for the glass plus a clip-on hard plastic screen cover. Seems to be protecting mine from the worst excesses on my ownership.
    Details here.

GrahamS

That Revo iSkin is $40??

Blimey, I’d want to get a protector for that in case it got scratched! 🙄

CountZero

I use Invisible Shield, which you can get from Carphone Warehouse. It’s actually helicopter tape, shaped to fit the phone, and it works pretty well. It won’t protect from drops onto hard surfaces, but it makes the phone more grippy, without making it bulky. The best thing is I can use it in a windscreen mounted holder or dock without any hastle.
    As an aside, any of you iPhone users ride SS or fixies? I found an app in the sports catagory for working out gear ratios, for BMX, 26ers, 29ers, 650B and 700c, with a variety of tyre sizes and crank lengths. Works well.

jam-bo

I don’t bother. Why buy something beautifully designed and hide it away.

Mine is 6 months old and holding up pretty well.

GrahamS

I don’t bother. Why buy something beautifully designed and hide it away.

Mine is 6 months old and holding up pretty well.

My sentiments exactly. It’s like leaving the plastic covers on your sofas to “keep them nice”.

Screen protector film is nice as the screen getting scratch would really annoying, but the back getting scratched? Who cares?
    Sure maybe wrap it up if you’re carrying in your Camelbak or something. But for every day use mine goes bareback.

jam-bo

I have a lowepro neoprene sleeve that it goes in my camelback in. Other than that it goes in my pocket with my keys and change

No scratches on the screen yet and only very small ones on the back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘iPhone covers/cases?’ is closed to new replies.