• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iPhone battery replacement
  • toomba
    Free Member

Battery not lasting in my sons iPhone 6s
    Is it worth replacing the battery?
    How difficult is it or should we cut losses and replace phone.

doomanic

I had the battery changed in my iPhone 7 at an apple store at the weekend. Pricey at £49 but quick, easy and guaranteed.

phil5556

£49 for a genuine battery and labour changed is a bargain I think.

finishthat
    Free Member

^S is easy and cheap as its not water sealed like the 7 – definitely worth doing .

mashr

That’s quite a jump between DIY and get a new phone. The battery change itself (assuming similar to an SE) isn’t bad, you just have to be very careful with the flexis. The biggest problem was making sure i got a good battery.

Option 2 is to get someone else to change the battery for you. There is always someone local, or you can give it to Apple as doomanic says.

Option 3 is new phone

boomerlives
    Free Member

Apple, if you care about the phone. Otherwise any old thing will do.

Takes less than an hour and is guaranteed.

zilog6128

6S is easy to DIY (look on iFixIt) however it is IMPOSSIBLE to buy a genuine battery, no matter what sellers on eBay or the web claim, so it’s total pot luck whether you get a good one or not. £49 for a genuine one is a no-brainer IMO, IF he’s going to keep for phone for a while. Just be aware it is unlikely (going on past form) to get another whole year of updates from now.

hooli

I DIY’d my 6s battery last year, dead easy to do and less than £10. When I asked apple it was £79 but it seems less now for some reason.

zilog6128

Yeah, I had mine done when they were running the promo deal of £32 last year, as you say the normal price was a lot more, they seem to have reduced it substantially now which is good news!

DezB
    Free Member

I had my 6S battery replaced by a authorised repair shop. I don’t believe it was an official genuine Apple battery, but I dunno… anyway battery life was the same as before it was replaced, as far as I could tell. So, I swapped to a Samsung Android phone I had lying around and the battery life is phenomenally better, so I’m sticking with it. If Android wasn’t so messy with all it’s default notifications, alerts and the annoying way it remembers spelling mistakes and corrects the word you’ve just corrected back to the mispelled version(!!) I’d say I prefer it to the iPhone. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘iPhone battery replacement’ is closed to new replies.