Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • iphone batteries
  • tails
    Free Member

Okay so my 4s has seen better days it needs a new front screen, a battery that can last more than 15 hours of intermittent use and the charging port has seen better days.

Is there a better place than ebay to buy these thgings as I want a goods battery otherwise I might as well sell up and get a new phone.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

More than 15 hrs of intermittent is good..

I bet theres a load of push notifications going on.. Viber in particular canes the battery

But yes ebay – quality varies with price, a £20 screen can be really good or really crap

rickt
    Free Member

or…. £120 from Apple for a refurbed unit with 90 day warranty if you hand yours in

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Charging port is knackered on mine too. Whatever holds the plug on the lhs of the socket is broken and unless I leave the phone flat while charging, it disconnects. Might be worth having a look at the how-to vids on YouTube before ordering one. It was well beyond my capabilities.

Has anyone done it successfully?

loddrik
    Free Member

I’ve tried to replace the battery on two iPhones, ended up knackering both.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If anyone wants me to quote for work on their phones I can, done loads of STWers

trail_rat
    Free Member

Were you changing the battery with a hammer or thermonuclear explosives loddrick ?

sweepy
    Free Member

He just glared at it 🙂

kuman
    Free Member

What rickt said. Take yours in to nearest apple store tell them it’s knackered and you get refurbed unit with 90days warranty for £139. I have done it twice with mine, first time when it went through full washing cycle (left it in my bike shorts), second time, recently when wifi stopped working.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

£ 146.44 to be precise

Or £45..

sbob
    Free Member

I’ve got an original Motorola RAZR, and charge it up once a week.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

That is all.

tails
    Free Member

Where are the iPhones on the refurb site? I can see everything but the iPhone.

Yeah those motorolas run for millennia!

rickt
    Free Member

Apple don’t tend to sell the refurbs as device only, only as in exchange for your current phone

It’s worth doing if you have multiple issues

tails
    Free Member

thanks

CountZero

The battery on my iP4 is showing its age, (3½ years), and the home button’s a bit flakey, and I was quoted £45 for the battery, and £119 for a replacement iP4, so that price for the later model looks about right.

loddrik
    Free Member

Were you changing the battery with a hammer or thermonuclear explosives loddrick ?

Just goes to show how utterly incapable I am of doing anything ‘handy’.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘iphone batteries’ is closed to new replies.