Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • iphone apps
  • sideshowdave
    Free Member

Just got a new iphone (yes i know there's better phone on the market but wanted the iphone) so what apps should i download???don't mind paying for the good ones but which ones are worth paying for???

cheers 😀

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Facebook. Maybe a sat-nav. That's about it I think.

A couple of games I suppose. Space Invaders Infinity Gene makes me smile. Bejeweled 2 is good when waiting for the train.

allthepies
    Free Member

grinder ?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Ground Effect is quite a good racing game, can sometimes feel a bit like mountainbiking … in a way…

GrahamS

Facebook. Maybe a sat-nav. That's about it I think.

???

185,000 apps and you only think Facebook and sat nav are worth it?

Blimey.

Can't really be arsed going through all my favourites again (use search it's been asked loads) but a recent addition is the Wolfram Alpha app, which gives the same powerful knowledge search as the website but adds a mathematical keyboard and location awareness.

Gameswise I've just completed Angry Birds which is quite fun. Halfway through Broken Sword (adventure game) which is good. DoodleJump still manages to amuse me despite having it for ages and my mate still has several lap times on Jet Car Stunts that I need to beat.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

firemint real racing I like
    Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

185,000 apps and you only think Facebook and sat nav are worth it?

Yeah, pretty much. Not that you can say Facebook is really worth a sausage.

Drac

Shiftworker is great if your a shiftworker 🙂

Flickr if you have a flickr account

Ebay for well ebay

Pandorabox for checking out free offers on apps

WordPress if you have a wordpress blog

IMDB for movie geeks

Angry Birds is good fun

MX Mayhem is ok game too

Sky+ for recording sky when you away from home

BatteryDoctor for battery tuning

As for everything else – it's all just downloading things for fun isnt' it? Nothing wrong with that, but I think the Application Store is all about downloading something, playing with it for 5 minutes, then discarding. And at 59p a pop who cares? That's the point of apps, not what they purport to be 'for'.

What? So you download any old shite then.

Drac

You were too slow in editing Dorset 😛

ronjeremy
    Free Member

+1 for Co-Pilot (also installed onto other halves iPhone for no extra charge) have used it around the country with no hassles so far

also a quick plug for an App* a mate of mine has just finished, and due for release at the end of the month,

*Link to YouTube preview video

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

What? So you download any old shite then.

Yeah, pretty much.

jam-bo

copilot for satnav.
    outdoors for OS maps
    runkeeper for run/ride tracking
    met office app is good
    dropbox is ace
    photoshop mobile is pretty good and free.

tomzo
    Free Member

red laser-scans barcodes and price compares the item
    shazam
    angry birds
    facebook
    ebay
    tv guide
    currency converter
    solitare
    dropbox

wormhole

yes i know there's better phone on the market but wanted the iphone

like?

aikon
    Free Member

Whatsapp

flamejob
    Free Member

On topic….

You have to get MotionX GPS – Pure Awesome

CountZero

Weather Pro: much, much better than the met office app, the satellite and radar images are superb, and it's very accurate
    Shazam
    Red Laser
    Kindle
    3D Bookcase
    Memory Map Free: this is fantastic, you get 1:250k and 1:1million base maps and 400sq km 1:50k or 1:25k OS mapping for free, then you set up an account and buy 700Sq km chunks of whatever you want in any part of the country for £12 a pop via wifi. Perfect for those rides to unfamiliar parts of the country, you just select the bit you want, say Afan, the Forest of Dean, Dalby, etc. You can record tracks and export them to other mapping applications. Works really well. Anquet are coming soon, as are Viewranger who have been demoing on iPhones at outdoor shows.
    Flickr
    Wordbook
    Starwalk: if you're at all interested in stars, this is just beautifully done, with a fabulous UI.
    there's others which are really usefull, but I'll go check to make sure I've got the names right first.

foureyes
    Free Member

TIOTI – set your sky+ to record stuff from your phone!
    Implode! – vectorish building demolition
    Manifesto – RSS reader
    around Me
    Occasions – never forget a birthday again
    Amazon – simply genius, so so so easy to spend money on this
    bargain bin – watches app prices and get notifications when the price drops to your chosen amount
    Flight Control
    LBX shaver – shave on the go
    SplashID – digital wallet

samuri
    Free Member

Right, any app that stores your login details to something important like ebay or amazon should be dropped immediately. It's a mobile device, people can steal them, think about it.

As far as favourite apps for me go, I'd reckon imobsters (although that is rapidly stopping being interesting), suduko, flight control (537 on the standard screen so far), Angry birds – completing is easy, getting all stars is a different matter. And I use the 100 press up and 200 sit ups apps at the momnet.

Kevevs
    Free Member

that's true samuri. A mate gave me this (his old laptop) when I go to ebay his login and password are there I just have to press enter, his facebook same, his messenger same, his many other website logins AND passwords are there all to take advantage of 😈 we're mates n that and I've got rid of it all. but I imagine it's the same with phones. Imagine if I was a **** or a theif!

clubber
    Free Member

Isn't that why you put a pin on your phone and immediately change your passwords to anything critical (is eBay really critical?) if it does get nicked?

jam-bo

It's a mobile device, people can steal them, think about it.

pin lock, 10 wrong tries and it wipes all data.

GrahamS

Angry birds – completing is easy, getting all stars is a different matter.

yep. I've got 3 stars on everything in the "Poached Egg"s levels and I'm working on the 2 others.
    And I've got 7 out of the 8 golden eggs. 🙂

porterclough
    Free Member

Bit of an aside – I've downloaded the SDK and written some iPhone apps (one published so far) just wondered if anyone else has done this? If so, how's it going?

foureyes
    Free Member

re wiping: if you've got exchange server email for work you can do a remote wipe as if you had the mobile me service

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘iphone apps’ is closed to new replies.