Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iphone app to explore home pc?
  • sslowpace
    Free Member

We have a fair few photos and movies on the pc. Is there an iphone app that will let me connect to the pc (wifi) so i can search and view/stream pics, etc?

A bit like explorer, but through the phone.

Cheers

richmars

I don’t think so, but could be wrong. I looked for the same thing a few years ago but couldn’t find anything, the main reason I’ve been using a Pocket PC for so long.
    You can stream music with an app (pulling files from a network drive) so I don’t know way you can’t explore a PC.

clubber
    Free Member

VLC will allow you to link for video (and music IIRC) but I don’t think it’ll do photos. Out of interest, as an alternative, if your computer is located conveniently (you’re not still living in the dark ages and hiding your computer away in the study or similar rather than having it in the living room connected to your TV are you?) you could use the phone to control the computer with one of the various remote control apps (or just the logitec TouchMouse app which makes your iphone into a mouse).

thehustler
    Free Member

NTRconnect is an app designed to do exactly this

hp_source

there’s one called ORB that will do it too.

P20

I’ve downloaded teamviewer, which is supposed to work off the remote access function. It should work over the mobile network too. Ive got the free version and haven’t played with it yet.

P20

Just realised that Plugplayer streams photos/video and music. I’ve only used it for music. Portable speakers in the garage and the iphone, gives you the entire music collection 😉

Milkie
    Free Member

DLNA Server & PlugPlayer

I can view films/music/photos held on the server via WiFi or 3G.

There are many free DLNA servers about, TVersity is a good one.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Homepipe might be worth a look.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iphone app to explore home pc?’ is closed to new replies.