Iphone 5c protection

Home Forum Chat Forum Iphone 5c protection

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Iphone 5c protection
  • benjii19

iPhone 5c tough cases….any experiences

Premier Icon brant
    Subscriber
    ragger

Im just using the apple one, It seems to have withstood a few hand height drops. Recommend it.

Frankenstein

Using a leather credit card case my 5S so I don’t have to carry my wallet.

CountZero

Lifeproof and Otterbox are probably the best for full protection, but a fairly basic clear plastic case with a regular clear screen protector will do you for pretty much all day-to-day usage, my iPhone 4 is still wearing the free Belkin clear case I got from Apple, plus the rear clear protector, and the screen protector has been replaced several times just because of the accumulated scratches. The Belkin is really battered, the phone is like brand-new, and I got it on the release day.

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

I don’t use a case on my iPhones, when I’m riding the bike I put it in a ziplock bag. I’ve dropped them a fair few times and they’ve never broken, perhaps I’m just lucky. The 5C should be pretty robust as its mostly plastic, only the front is glass.

CountZero

Plastic can still fracture if dropped from a height onto Tarmac or concrete, and why take the chance when you can give a bit extra protection for a couple of quid? We’re talking about something costing several hundred pounds, why not spend an extra fiver or so to protect the phone and screen; it’ll more than repay itself if selling the phone to help pay for an upgrade.
    Having a £1.60 clear case on my iPhone 5 protected it from what would have been significant damage when it slipped out of my hand while putting it back in my pocket walking down a steep country lane. It landed on a corner and cartwheeled down the lane several times before stopping. The case had significant dents on three corners, while the phone had only the tiniest mark on the base-plate. I’d had the phone less than a month. I’ve seen lots of phones with smashed screens that could have been prevented by spending less than the cost of a large mocha in a coffee shop, it’s just daft not to make the effort.

ragger

Totally agree with above.

ask1974

I have an Otterbox defender for my 5 which I use for riding and other outdoor activities, gives me complete confidence to use my phone in any conditions. Not cheap but then again neither is the phone… They do a 5C version.

Otterbox link

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Iphone 5c protection’ is closed to new replies.