Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iphone 5 or similar
  • stevego
    Free Member

Looking at a new phone, man in the phone repair shop looked at my old one and laughed, not worth repairing. Only had simpler phones (and one old knackered iphone which consistantly played up).
    I was thinking of the iphone 5 or a samsung S6 (bit more than i wanted to spend though). Any advice?

Cheers

hammyuk
    Free Member

The 5 is still a cracking phone – especially in the larger capacity.
    Ideal size, tons of accessories, etc.
    Still have the new 64gb one Apple gave me a month before my upgrade to a 6 here that I can’t bring myself to list on eBay as its perfect as it went into a Lifeproof case in the shop.

FuzzyWuzzy

I personally wouldn’t get less than a 5s now, not least because a standard 5 battery will be getting long in the tooth now and may not hold its charge properly. The 5s is also a fair bit faster than the 5

hammyuk
    Free Member

That depends on just how old the phone is though Fuzzy.

z1ppy

Iphone 5 was released in September 21, 2012, I think mine is an early issue (2nd hand), and the battery is pretty poor now , I’d go with FW’s recommendation TBH. £130 buys you a 5S (admittely 16Gb) off ebay with 12 month warranty

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mrs B has a 5, 16gb isn’t enough these days. Any phone that age will need a new battery if it’s not had one before. Still a very good phone and runs everything in latest iOS

EDIT: As above if you can get a 5S then do so

stevego
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. Friend has an old iphone 4 sitting in a draw, will charge it up and check battery life, if OK I’ll use it till it dies and save for a new one (or use the money for new bike bling)

hammerite
    Free Member

I have a 5 too (second hand). The battery is terrible now, runs well from fully charged but goes from 50% to about 2% in a matter of minutes. Then as soon as you plug it in it boosts up to about 20% immediately (I now have a charger case just in case).

I was looking at buying a 6S handset last night and using my current sim card as my monthly charge is only £7.50 a month.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iphone 5 or similar’ is closed to new replies.