• This topic has 61 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by s.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • iphone 4s – what am I missing?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

which is a shame as I was really looking forward to this phone

Dude, it’s a phone.

Look forward to sunny days and all you can eat buffets….but not a phone.

SBrock
    Free Member

safari was regularly locking up when browsing fb, other apps still worked fine, but once safari had locked it wouldn’t work on other sites too

You shoul be using the Facebook app, not safari for FB, I have never had safari crash on my 4s or iPad, you must have a suspect phone.

I know what you mean about the size of the screen, ive had a desire for 2 years, so it’s taken a while to get used to tescreen but I like it now, the build quality is way above Samsung, the iPod function is the best of any smartphone, the camera is superb, the iCloud is brilliant especially if you have other iOS devices.

Stick with it I would say.

mogrim

Look forward to sunny days and all you can eat buffets….but not a phone.

How about a new bike? Can I look forward to a new bike?

Jamie
    Free Member

Why yes, yes you can.

Also allowed are:

Holidays
    Dogs
    Toasted Cheese Sandwiches
    Hangovers dissipating
    and Chinese New Year.

GrahamS

looks like I might have got a dodgy one then, which is a shame as I was really looking forward to this phone

Book an appointment at a Genius Bar. They’ll likely replace it on the spot and possibly give you free schwag for your trouble (depending on how much you complain).

@grahams oh I guess that makes it ok then

Well no, of course it doesn’t, but it is a little disingenuous to say “Oh iPhones are made in big factories in China” while studiously ignoring the fact that most gadgets are made in very similar factories and actually quite a large portion of your belongings are probably made in much worse conditions.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

It’s a webforum lighten up

SBrock
    Free Member

Full of trolls, you all know who you are!

GrahamS

😕 Erm… wasn’t it you that introduced the socio-political commentary on globalisation and the effects on the relative poor in emerging economies?

I was just talking about a broken iPhone.

Jamie
    Free Member

Book an appointment at a Genius Bar. They’ll likely replace it on the spot and possibly give you free schwag for your trouble (depending on how much you complain).

If Jools has the iPhone on contract, wouldn’t it be better to go to the provider?

SBrock
    Free Member

Erm… wasn’t it you that introduced the socio-political commentary on globalisation and the effects on the relative poor in emerging economies?

Yep true, typical trolling, just contributing negativity

GrahamS

If Jools has the iPhone on contract, wouldn’t it be better to go to the provider?

In my experience (with O2) they tell you they can send it to Apple for assessment which will take 3 weeks, or you can pop next door to the Apple store and get it replaced on the spot for free. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

“If Jools has the iPhone on contract, wouldn’t it be better to go to the provider? “

could do but my experiance of genius bar is they will either sort it FOC or replace it FOC if its inside warrenty.

Drac

That’s one of beauties of having an iPhone you can deal with the company pretty much direct by going to an Apple store. They will usually sort you there and then with a replacement or if not something until they can get you sorted. There’s not many HTC or Samsung stores, in fact I can’t think of any so you have to use the provider. If your lucky and the provider has a store then they may help you though.

GrahamS

Remember to back it up in iTunes before you take it in, so you can restore everything to the new one.

SBrock
    Free Member

Apple will know when the phone was sold

s
    Free Member

My iphone 4s packed up after only 3 weeks, the speaker volume stopped working after using headphones to listen to music?

They seemed to know what the problem was and mentioned over the phone, I was not the first to have this fault?

Anyway, Apple sorted me out with a replacment sharpish mind & tbh, I am loving the quality of the built in camera over the 3gs I used to have.

They also mentioned Siri for the UK was maybe only months* away?

*Does anyone know more?

wrecker
    Free Member

They also mentioned Siri for the UK was maybe only months* away?

If you have a 4s, then you have siri. Press and hold the home button.

s
    Free Member

If you have a 4s, then you have siri. Press and hold the home button.

Sorry should have made that clearer, Siri is not fully compatible over here in the UK yet.

http://www.techdigest.tv/2011/10/iphone_4s_siri.html

Drac

iPhone siri by Lee Collis, on Flickr

s
    Free Member

lol, did that cause it to cry 😉

Drac

It’s stuck in an infinite loop, I suspect I’ve created a black hole or found away to create the boson particle cheap.

s
    Free Member

Thats probably the reason why Siri does not work in the UK 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘iphone 4s – what am I missing?’ is closed to new replies.