Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iphone 4 / memory map help
  • scraprider
    Free Member

I thinking of purchasing memory map for said iphone 4, is any one here using it as a gps,is it any good not botherd about bty life as wil prolly get the power suplie thing ,or have they got something eles.
    cheers

thehustler
    Free Member

motionX gps, cost £1.79, can load maps onto handset so no data roaming, it can map tracks and even mark waypoints for navigation

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I’ve not used motionX but that does look interesting. Does it use OS maps?

I do have the cheap (£12?) iphone only – Ordance Survey multimap app & licence and think its really good.

I only use it for map reading – preloaded maps (download extra “tiles in an emergency).

I’m not sure how much else it does. The screen is small though so in some ways not as good as a paper map.

loddrik
    Free Member

Have memory map free and only have good things to say, bought £20 worth of map credit and still have half of it left after 10 months and quite a few maps downloaded.

iain1775
    Free Member

I would only get it if youalready have a license and maps on your computer, then it’s great otherwise it would get quite pricey

palmer77
    Free Member

View ranger is good. I have it on my phone and ipad and you can sync between these and your online account.

stevious

I have MM on my laptop so getting it for my iPhone was a no-brainer. I haven’t investigated the cost of buying tiles as you need them, but I suspect it might be pricey. I think other options (viewranger?) might prove cheaper if its just for your phone.

It is a VERY useful app for navigation (I try not to rely on it solely, but only because I’m a trainee ML) and can really help improve the flow of a ride. I tend not to use it for route tracking, but that’s just because I prefer the interface of endomondo, and I get annoyed having to remove the red lines it leaves all over my maps.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

View ranger for me. Very happy with it.

scraprider
    Free Member

cheers all . think i will give m/map a blast , mainly for for route plotting etc, again cheers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iphone 4 / memory map help’ is closed to new replies.