Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • iphone 3gs or htc desire
  • mav12
    Free Member

i am looking for a smartphone i want it primarily for surfing thr net using 3g and using google maps iam drawn to the htc desire over the 3gs iphone iwillbe buying used any advice most welcome

GrahamS

I’d probably go for the Desire. The iPhone will probably be more expensive second hand and the 3GS is already one model behind so you can expect support for it to get more ropey over the next year or two.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Well, I got the iphone at the start of last year and sent it back within the week. I now run the desire quite happily.

This comming from someone who uses macs at home.

Cougar

Have a play with both in a shop if you can, see which you like. Both are decent handsets, and should do what you want.

ericemel
    Free Member

Personally I would have the desire…if you had said iPhone I would have recommended that but the 3gs is aging quite a bit now.

clubber
    Free Member

Well, this could have been written for me 🙂

I’ve just recently swapped from a 3GS to a Desire S. Why? Basically because I got a work phone but either way I wasn’t going to replace the 3GS with another iPhone – probably a Samsung S2 if I’d been getting my own.

So far, the Desire S has been very good – there are certainly a lot of things it does better or more nicely though undoubtedly the 3GS was more consistently polished/consistent. For a start, the Desire works well as a phone which my 3GS never did (poor signal mainly). Also, while I can’t comment on the Desire’s robustness, my 3GS was knackered – crashing lots, sounds would drop out/loud hiss from the speaker (common problem with the earphone socket making the phone unsure whether headphones are plugged in or not apparently) and complete loss of signal for no reason (in areas of strong network). I just don’t think the 3GS is very tough – it’s the first phone I’ve had that’s failed and it’s done so twice in under two years (first was replaced @ 10 months because it stopped picking up phone or wifi signal). Also my Dad and sister have both had theirs replaced more than once for reliability reasons.

For good deals on phones, I found the best deals here and you can get quidco cashback too:

http://www.talkmobile.com
    (run by carphone warehouse and vodafone)

chojin
    Free Member

I have an HTC desire for sale if you’re interested?

It has been rooted and is running Cyanogenmod 7, it’s unlocked to all networks etc…

£170 :]

josemctavish
    Free Member

I’ve got an iPhone 3GS for work and a Desire for me. I’d pick the Desire over the iPhone if I had to choose – slightly better in every way, though you’ll have to factor in buying a large micro SD card for music etc.

mav12
    Free Member

It has been rooted and is running Cyanogenmod 7,

what does this mean ?

mav12
    Free Member

found it now 🙄

chojin
    Free Member

Its like jailbreaking for android.

Although I can put it back to stock if you want!

mav12
    Free Member

chojin i have sent you an email

Northwind

The desire S is a lovely, lovely bit of kit. But to be fair it’s no better at surfing the net than any other phone.

mav12
    Free Member

ended up buying a galaxy tablet and am very pleased with it thanks for all the input

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘iphone 3gs or htc desire’ is closed to new replies.