Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • ipads with word, excel, and powerpoint?
  • jonnyrockymountain

for Daughters collage work? rather than buying a laptop, will these apps on a ipad do the job?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Scissors and Pritt Stick is traditional, I believe.

Mackem

google docs might be good enough.

momo

No, while they can be used to create/edit content, she will get utterly fed up of trying to do so using the on screen keyboard, even with an accessory keyboard the screens are just not big enough for prolonged working.

jonnyrockymountain

would an ipad pro be better?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Awaits generations with RSI type finger injuries…

If your going to be doing proper work, typing etc then laptop. It’s jsut more versatile and sensible. Also if you want to do anything proper in excel mouse and keyboard are quite handy

P-Jay
    Free Member

jonny rocky mountain – Member

would an ipad pro be better?

. They’re very good, we have one in the office, but they’re several times the cost of an entry-level laptop and if you’re hell bent on a tablet device MS Surface is far better for this sort of thing being in essence a PC in tablet form, not an iPhone in large format.

We have several MS Surface tablets in the office, they’re very, very good admittedly they’re pro machines with i5 and i7 processors – but when you have the room you can use a full size monitor and keyboard etc. and they’re as good as a desktop – the little fold out keyboard is ‘just’ about good enough for word processing, but it would send you mad trying to bang out a 2000-word essay on it

somouk
    Free Member

You would be better looking at a MS Surface. Full version of Windows and the ability to use as a tablet or with a decent keyboard.

Also good for taking notes etc.

I just wish Apple would release an iPad with OSX on it.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Better off with a laptop.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Better off with a laptop +1.

I’ve got Word & Excel on my iPad Air and TBH I’ve use it about 10 times and hated it. It’s a proper PITA to select cells and ranges, bit of an arse to edit formulas and such, editing the document provides hours of fun too.

Laptop is by far the better option.

Oh, unless you are buying the optional Air keyboard and Moooose.. Then I’d still by a decent Laptop for all the cash you about to throw at it.

ampthill

Sent my son off with a surface. Hmm I think he chose it and paid for it in the end. Brilliant solution

Runs full office etc.

Light to throw in back pack to go to college

Buy a £10 blue tooth keyboard to keep in her room for typing. This is way cheaper than the one that fixes on with magnets. But its also a better keyboard. And the ergonomics are easier to get right than a laptop as the key board and monitor are positioned independently

Drac

Laptop is possibly still better that said I use my iPad Pro more than laptop now, the screen is big enough for prolonged use.

ampthill

Oh and i missed the best bit. The pen is really useful in lectures for annotating the supplied powerpoint and pdf notes.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ipads with word, excel, and powerpoint?’ is closed to new replies.