Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 246 total)
  • iPads – WHY are they taking over the world?
  • thx1138
    Free Member

Irrational purchasing decisions are the norm. Look at white jeans, softroader vehicles and superdry clothing for example.

I think she’s just opposed to the whole Apple ‘evangelist’ thing, which can be quite irritating at times. Some owners of Apple devices can’t half drone on about how wonderful and amazing their Apple products are (to anyone unfortunate enough to be within earshot), and I suppose she just doesn’t want to be associated with such pretentiousness. Trouble is, Apple do make some bloody good gadgets. It’s hard to resist when their stuff looks, feels and even tastes better than the competition.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

High fives AdamW!

Mine was delivered on Saturday, £220 worth of bargain.

AdamW
    Free Member

I want one so badly! Get that and scrap my laptop. Then just ssh into my server all the time. Be ace!

There is an ssh chrome client, strangely enough – remember that *everything* goes through the web, so if you want ssh, it has to be written in javascript/NaCl and be available from the Chrome Web Store.

… just tested it. Can ssh into me mac using it. Very strange!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jon1973
    Free Member

the only company that seems to have got close to Apple on build quality is Samsung

Who ironically manufacture quite a few Apple parts.

I read this today, and was quite astonished just how many Samsung parts Apple actually buy – $8bn worth last ! Which is amazing considering they’re at each others throats most of the time when it comes to suing each other for patent violation.

Interesting article here – http://gu.com/p/3dy63

deviant
    Free Member

Been looking at chrome books too but they don’t run iTunes do they?….as much of an Android fans as I am I quite like buying music through iTunes, there is some really obscure stuff on there that other MP3 sites don’t have.

Flaperon

Wonderful. A week after collecting the replacement it’s also packed up in almost exactly the same way.

No wonder Apple’s shares are diving for rock bottom. Presumably they’re not beating the children on the assembly line hard enough when they have such poor quality control.

* I appreciate that in this case it might be me. But I can’t see how. The blasted thing has a dead stripe on the touchscreen about half an inch wide down the whole of the screen. Helpfully just where you drag the unlock slider across. Have now resorted to using it upside down.

The first one had two symmetrical dead zones symmetrically opposite each other.

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 246 total)

The topic ‘iPads – WHY are they taking over the world?’ is closed to new replies.