Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ipads
  • bubs

My aged parents aged iPad no longer appears to be supported by their favourite apps. Which reconditioned iPad models should they be looking at for another 3-5 years of fuss free use. It doesn’t necessarily have be able to receive the latest iOS updates but it does need to be able to run BBC apps, travel apps, get mail (i.e. no high performance apps or games).
    They don’t want a Chromebook and android tablets may be too different?

oldtennisshoes

Latest gen regular iPad from the refurb store for me.

brickwizard
    Free Member

I was in a similar situation recently with my parents. We decided to go for the basic latest model from
    John Lewis with 2 year guarantee.
    I took their old one done factory reset now kids happily play on it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scuttler

I’ve had two from the refurb store, both absolutely perfect condition, so yeah standard ipad 7th generation from there (18 months newer than 6th gen).

rossburton
    Free Member

6th is still supported, but I’d get the 7th if you can. Apple refurb is good, but also try the Argos refurb store on eBay: both of our iPads are from there and they were as-new.

FuzzyWuzzy

Agree, the current base iPad 2019 32GB, 10.2″ screen is very good, £329 @ John Lewis (in Silver) at the moment. Dead easy to transfer stuff from the old iPad to

alexatkinson
    Free Member

I had the same situation. I think in your case you need a new one, but I solve my problem easily…I stopped using my old Ipad, because the apps are not supported anymore.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ipads’ is closed to new replies.