Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ipad users – sending a photo with Skype
  • cranberry
    Free Member

I need a bit of help and a bit of Prozac.

I need to get my mum to send me a photo that she has taken on her iPad. Last night I tried getting her to email it to me and gave up after half an hour ( why oh why are there no remote control programs for Idevices and Android tablets ? ). Anyway, she has Skype and uses it a bit so if possible it would be a good way of transmitting the photo.

Can someone please confirm how to do it – I’ve seen a couple of different screen shots where the details vary slightly. I’m going to get into a conversation* that goes something like:

“Can you click on the button marked more”
    “There isn’t one”
    “Oh yes there is”
    “Oh no there isn’t”
    “Oh yes there is”
    “Oh do you mean the one marked “more” ?”
    “Gahhhhhhhhhhhh!” <whimper> <sob>

From what I understand If you click into a contact there is either a button marked “+ more” or “+ send photo” – can someone please tell me which it is in the current version, and if it then gives options of “take photo” and “choose existing” ?

* conversation heavily edited to remove 20 minutes of trying to talk as loudly as possible to someone who isn’t using a hearing aid and is having to put the ipad speaker to her ear and happens to cover the microphone and press random buttons in doing so.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Email would definitely be the easiest. Worth persisting with that. She has to start from the photo app, then clock the “export icon” the square box with the upward pointing arrow, then mail icon, then type your email address (or select from options once she starts typing it)

Reason I say this is that Skype has to be setup to allow access to photos, so that’s more steps and more room for screw ups.

GrahamS

I don’t have my iPad to hand, but wouldn’t email be easier than Skype?

In the Mail app she just needs to write you an email as normal.

She can insert a photo into it by just pressing and holding to get the edit menu up (the one that lets you do copy, paste etc) then selecting “Insert Photo or Video”

http://www.imore.com/how-insert-photo-or-video-email-iphone-and-ipad

(or do it the other way around from the Photos app as jambalaya describes)

geoffj

* conversation heavily edited to remove 20 minutes of trying to talk as loudly as possible to someone who isn’t using a hearing aid and is having to put the ipad speaker to her ear and happens to cover the microphone and press random buttons in doing so.

😆

I feel your pain, I really do, but I’m about to remove the offending computer from my MIL’s house at the weekend and so peace will be returned.

cranberry
    Free Member

then type your email address

5 beautiful simple words.

Would you mind giving my mum a call this evening ( if you have a spare half hour or two ) ?

annebr
    Free Member

what about an iMessage?

it’s like a text message but can be sent between apple ids rather than phone numbers

cranberry
    Free Member

I can’t use iMessage as I don’t have an iDevice.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Is there not a paperclip icon to the left of the text box in Skype? When one clicks that, the option is created to send a photo or video (from existing or new).

cranberry
    Free Member

Huzzah!

It is done.

We managed to get it sent with Skype in the end.

In the end you click “+more” -> Send photo -> Choose existing.

I’ve had a bottle of 20 year old Talisker in the cupboard for the last 5 years, not finding a good enough reason to crack it open – my thanks and a virtual dram to all those who helped.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ipad users – sending a photo with Skype’ is closed to new replies.