Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • IPAD buying help
  • ojays
    Free Member

Help appreciated from anyone in the know!

Looking for an IPad to share with my daughter (9).

I will just use for general stuff, nothing fancy, so music, tv, browsing, etc.

She wants to film and edit her vlogging videos (don’t ask) take pictures and use games. She uses iMovie and Canver(?) at the moment but our old iPad mini 2 can’t really handle it anymore and can’t load some of the apps she wants. she is pretty handy with the you tube/editing stuff and so I want her to be able to use some better features if she wants, whilst still being able to restrict the content she can access. Headphone jack would be ideal too.

So had a budget of £300/£350 and was looking at a refurbed Pro 9.7 with 128gb (thought 32 would be too little with video work).

One of those or possibly an iPad 7 refurb.

The pro 9.7 seems to still be supported and the spec seems to me still better than the current non-pro? Screen and camera seem better and sound meant to be a lot better.

I’m keeping an eye on the Apple store for them coming in as refurb as both seem to be on the list that Apple still wants offer as refurbs (neither in stock at moment). 7s look like they will be £350 at the larger GB and the Pro at £299 (32GB) and £369 (128GB).

There are a few that appear on music magpie a bit cheaper but I’m not 100% sure how much to trust their gradings- reviews seem a bit mixed.

Any advice on what might be most suitable out of what I’m looking at or suggestions on something more suited?/best place to shop?

Cheers

zilog6128

I would definitely go Apple refurb, they’re basically brand new with all the warranty etc that comes with it.

use https://refurb-tracker.com to be alerted as soon as new stock comes in. Don’t forget Quidco for 1.6% Cashback on refurbs.

I’ve got the original iPad Pro & it’s still a great bit of kit. Awesome for video editing. Get her Lumafusion, yeah it’s £30 but it’s amazing, really easy to use but powerful & loads of features.

ojays
    Free Member

Thanks will take a look at the software and have set up the tracker.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Consiering Apple have an EXCELLENT warranty process no matter where you bought it, I’d be checking facebook marketplace for any advertised with warranty remaining, check the serial number does have warranty and shop on there. Really dont think apple refurbished is neccessary when they honour the warranty remaining on devices and there’s not a huge tonne to go wrong with the iPads.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘IPAD buying help’ is closed to new replies.