Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iPad Air
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Went into the Apple Store to have a look.

Device notably smaller and lighter (side margins around reduced a lot, top/bottom seem same). Did a side by side test with my iPad1 and the Air was like lightening in comparison even for simple web page loads, retina screen obviously much sharper too.

16GB and 32GB models 20/30 in stock of each, 64GB and 128GB sold out.

MacRumors (link) has a few stories also benchmark tests showing material speed improvements over iPad4 for processor and graphics

Just need to save a few pennies, managed to resist the buy it now urge as my daughter can but it less student discount !

Jamie
    Free Member

Might be worth getting one from Tesco, if you decide to get one:

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jamie, thanks but my daughter gets 15% (it was upped from 10% I think) sadly she’s the last of the three at Uni, we’ve been enjoying 10% off for 7 years on Apple kit, so need to make the most of the next 2 years.

IA

You don’t get 15% off an iPad, discount’s only £15 off a 32gig one

(i just checked the HE contract store)

godzilla
    Free Member

The Tesco deal with top cashback is cheaper than Apple EDU pricing by £25 by my sums, isn’t it? EDU discount isn’t 15% on iPads, I may be wrong.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@godzilla / @IA – you are probably right then, sadly (for me) 😥

IA

To be pedantic, EDU discount isn’t quite the same as HE Contract store pricing.

HE contract store is better, as you get 3 years applecare on the macs included.

for the reference of jambalaya and others, don’t go to the edu store, go to apple.procureweb.ac.uk from an institutional network.

godzilla
    Free Member

You get three years with EDU too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iPad Air’ is closed to new replies.