Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • iPad air 2 vs iPad pro
  • Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

My 5 year old iPad is cracked and dying.

Time to buy a new one… is the iPad pro that much better and worth the extra dosh?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Ipad pro, with pencil and Notability app, has replaced my notebook/sketchbook at work. Bit expensive, but it is good.

zilog6128

I was desperate to get a Pro after trying one with the Pencil in an Apple store. It really is amazing. HOWEVER it doesn’t have 3d touch which would annoy me now I’m used to it on my phone.

So I’ll guess I’ll wait until later in the year when they’ll hopefully bring out a new Pro with this feature. If I didn’t want to use the Pencil though I wouldn’t be bothered about getting a Pro.

somouk
    Free Member

I have an air 2 that I bought off a friend when he upgraded to the pro.

His conclusion when discussing them yesterday was that it wasn’t worth the upgrade.

Unless you are going to be a heavy user of the pencil then save the pennies.

Apple also have an event on the 13th so definitely wait until after that to make decisions in case anything is announced.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have had a play with the Pro, for me its attraction is all about the screen size but I won’t be changing my Air 2 (which replaced my iPad 1 which still works fine btw just won’t run most current apps). I was a big user of the Palm (remember those 😉 ) and not for one second have I missed the stylus. I use my Air2 a lot for work, emails, reading and marking up documents with iAnnotate etc. I think a Pro would be a step back in usability not least as its so big its nearly laptop size in terms of carrying it.

simon_g

Was weighing these up too (have an ageing iPad that is slowly being relegated to toddler-amusing duties).

Assuming both are 10″, it really comes down to the pencil (and possibly the keyboard, but the regular iPad has plenty of options there too). Performance isn’t so far ahead that it’s worth it by itself IMO.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

thats really useful… probably go for the Air2 and will wait till the 13th too…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘iPad air 2 vs iPad pro’ is closed to new replies.