Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • iPad afficanados: Otterbox Q
  • boblo
    Free Member

Just got an Otterbox Defender after reading the recommendations here. Does anybody else get weird screen crazing where the inside of the screen protector touches the iPad screen? Looks like an oil on water effect?

I realise this is NYD trivia so feel free to either ignore or remorselessly take the piss 🙂

crankboy
    Free Member

Yes but it can be solved Google is your friend . I will ask crankygirl how she cured ours .

crankboy
    Free Member

Really clean the screen and the inside of the screen protector use lens cleaner and lint free cloth as supplied for cleaning reading glasses . You can also puff some baby powder in the air and pass the screen through the cloud after the big bits have dropped ( prevents air pockets between screen and protector allegedly) just getting the two connecting surfaces really clean worked for ours .

boblo
    Free Member

Ok ta. I’m obviously not of ‘the google generation’ as I hadn’t even thought of that…

CountZero

What you are seeing is a moiré pattern, which you get when two shiny surfaces come into contact. You get it with plastics and glass, and it’s a real problem in reprographics, particularly scanning photographic prints, where it shows as grey patches on the final scan. Transparencies are usually mounted in clear oil, to stop it happening, which is a real PITA to get right, believe me! You can also get a spray that puts microscopic ‘beads’ on the surface to roughen it, allowing a slight air gap, stopping the moiré rings from happening, which is effectively what crankboy is describing with the baby talc trick.
    Every day’s a school day, eh? 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘iPad afficanados: Otterbox Q’ is closed to new replies.