Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • IP phone systems
  • Gowrie
    Free Member

Our Samsung base unit is about to die on us, so we need to replace it urgently. We have about 25 extensions and a couple of faxes, 4 card machines etc on the system. We’d never depend on VOIP externally yet, but we may put in a system which is IP telephony internally. We’ve been quoted on a Mitel 5200 – and it looks reasonable, but we need to act quickly and don’t have the usual time to look around. Does anybody here have any (informed) opinions of this system or any alternatives?

Many thanks
    Colin

surfer
    Free Member

I’ve put several Mitel systems in, as well as BT, Alcatel, Panasonic and Cisco.

I love Mitel they are great.

Where are you and who are you purchasing from?

Gowrie
    Free Member

We’re in Keighley, but Denwa in Burnley are our current support for the Samsung, and they’ve quoted on the Mitel (and replacing the Samsung with a newer version of the same)

Colin

surfer
    Free Member

Ask them about the 3000 I think it only supports a smaller number of users but should be fine for you unless you expect to expand significantly.

Cougar

I work for a large communications company who do Samsung and Mitel, as well as several others, and we have branches in Burnley and Wakefield.

Nothing to do with me directly (I’m a data engineer and bugger all to do with comms) but if you want me to point you in the direction of a tech or an account manager, let me know.

Cletus

Hi,

I work in IP comms and have deployed many systems from small business to enterprise.

We focus on systems from Cisco Systems.

The Cisco UC500 product would be a good fit for your needs.

Cisco has a reputation as being expensive but, by choosing the IP phone handsets carefully, a system can work out pretty reasonably.

When choosing a replacement system make sure that you understand all the costs – e.g. a network upgrade to support Power over Ethernet may be needed. Also think if there are any features that your old system did not offer that you would benefit from – for example, Single Number Reach which extends desk calls out to mobiles and inbound screen pops of caller details.

If you would like more details of the Cisco solution please let me know.

Gowrie
    Free Member

surfer, Cougar, Cletus

Thanks for the info. i don’t think we have a lot of time to go looking too far afield, but if I need any more help, I’ll be in touch

Thanks again

Colin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘IP phone systems’ is closed to new replies.