Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • IOW route tips
  • sheck

Am looking to work out a 2-day route round IOW from Lymington, stopping overnight in Ventnor… Have the Extremists Randonee to draw on, and also some of this route: http://singletrackworld.com/trailguide/files/2008/12/isle-of-wight-big-route.pdf (curious to know if it’s better clockwise or anti?)

Any other hints, tips or must-ride trails?
    Thanks

Have the Extremists Randonee to draw on

I put that route together 15 years ago, makes me feel rather old now!

Definitely anticlockwise!

sheck

Dave… Presuming you mean your Randonee is best anti-clockwise?
    What about the link in the ride guide?
    Thanks

Yep.

Don’t think you’ll gain much great riding from the ST route. A fair chunk of that is old railway line.

chrishc777
    Free Member

What sort of stuff are you looking for? We have everything from bridleways with amazing views to steep DH runs and winding tree dodging woodland singletrack!

sheck

Probably singletrack and views… At least 3 of the 4 of us will be fully rigid and carrying 2 days kit, so DH runs may be pushing it. I have done the round the island loop before and enjoyed it, but am happy,to work in other bits over the 2 days. More than anything I want to avoid riding up great singletrack descents, if there are any signature trails that must be ridden one way. Please shout out any highlights and I’ll see if I can weave them into the bigger plan

chrishc777
    Free Member

Drop me an email and I’ll point you in the right direction 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘IOW route tips’ is closed to new replies.