• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by four.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • IOW Randonnée – Bikes on Ferries
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

Has anyone on here ever experienced damage to their bikes as a result of how they have been all stacked against one another on the ferries (Red Funnel or Wight Link)?

Just a small concern as I’d rather not risk the brand new steed get the matt carbon frame and forked spoilt.

benmotogp46
    Free Member
    orangeboy
    Free Member

I took my winter bike as I could not be doing with damage on the nice bike. I’m glad I did as I was nice and relaxed

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’d love to take the nice bike, but that picture does not fill me with confidence. A friend suggests this is the 0900 ferry and an earlier one will not be like this. It’ll still likely be busy on the way back though…..

Winter bike it’ll probably need to be!!!

madeupname
    Free Member

The ferry from lymington looks like that if you get the sailing to arrive in Yarmouth before the sign on opens…
    reckon the first few boats will all be busy.

But most people there don’t want their bike damaged either so are quite careful! Haven’t had a problem in the 3 times I’ve done it.

Just be careful where you leave it, and get back to it first do no-one moves it for you…

But if you are worried, take the winter bike and relax

Enjoy the ride!

madeupname
    Free Member

And if you want a coffee on the crossing, get in the queue early or don’t bother!

Or get one before you board

nixie

Don’t remember the Southampton-Cowes ferry ever looking that busy. We did go early though. Never had any damage to my bike.

four
    Free Member

Portsmouth to IOW has been fine on the two times I’ve done the event. No damage to bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘IOW Randonnée – Bikes on Ferries’ is closed to new replies.