iOS7 beta

Home Forum Chat Forum iOS7 beta

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • iOS7 beta
  • Murray

How do you get it? Do you need a developer account?

Milkie

Me likey!
    Won’t need to JB anymore, now they have all the settings you need to hand (brightness, BT, Wifi, etc).

Nope you don’t need a developer account. Download and install Beta 2, then upgrade to Beta 3. Loads of guides on web.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

How do you get it?

google install io7 beta 3

Do you need a developer account?

doesnt seem to as of beta 2.

CountZero

There are lots of whiney complaints about the style, saying its too bright, looks like it was designed by a teenage girl, one idiot even saying its because Tim Cook is gay, he’s influenced the design! Homophobic clot!
    What I’ve seen, I like very much. Much cleaner, less complicated, and the various new gesture features look good too.
    Maybe I’ll download it onto my old iP4, just to play with.

Premier Icon muggomagic
    Subscriber

ios 7 has been long overdue, once you start using it you realise just how dated the previous version is/was. Beta 3 is working well. 1 and especially 2 were very buggy. Be aware there was some talk of blocking UDID of mobiles that aren’t registered as developers and that some of your apps may not work on ios 7. Only app I’ve come across so far that wasn’t working was my banking app, it was updated yesterday and now works a treat.
    It is easy enough to set your phone back to ios 6 though so no big deal.

WackoAK

now they have all the settings you need to hand (brightness, BT, Wifi, etc)

You mean they have taken the lead from Android?

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Download and install Beta 2, then upgrade to Beta 3

i installed straight to beta3.

You mean they taken the lead from Android?

that didn’t take long

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Or jailbreak apps like SBSettings which have been doing this for years:

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Well it is true. I was reading the list of changes sounded like an android feature list

surfer

Does anybody have a link to a download?

grum

Where’s mikewsmith? Can’t be long before he posts something about how lame it is and how Android is much better.

Edit: Haha, amazing! It happened while I was posting!! šŸ˜†

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Just thought I would drop in the middle of the gushing grum

chambord

Most of it is stolen from WebOS anyway

WackoAK

Or jailbreak apps like SBSettings

That didn’t take long šŸ™‚

sputnik

Will you guys please please be so kind to put a link up to the download.
    I have googled for it with zero success.
    Thanks

jonxmack

http://imzdl.com/

Although I have a developer account.

B1 and 2 were buggy as hell (crashes every few hours) but B3 is great, it’s had a couple of funny turns but it’s pretty much spot on.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Fandroid: “iFone is teh rubbish – it cant even do <list of features> that (some) Android fones can”

<Apple implements those features>

Fandroid: “iFone is teh rubbish – it just copies <list of features> from Android (and then makes them better)”

šŸ˜†

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Its shiny.
    I like it.
    Anyone else?

bikebouy

So when can we expect a propers version of it for the Pad then??

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

due for release in september

mogrim

Fandroid: “iFone is teh rubbish – it cant even do <list of features> that (some) Android fones can”

<Apple implements those features>

Fandroid: “iFone is teh rubbish – it just copies <list of features> from Android (and then makes them better)”

Good, competition. iPhones are the reason Android is as good as it is, and vice versa.

GaryLake

Renders the iPhone 4 pretty slow so I’d avoid on anything less than a 4Sā€¦

jonxmack

I should mention I turned off the parallax effects and that sped my 4S up quite a lot.

CountZero

Renders the iPhone 4 pretty slow so I’d avoid on anything less than a 4Sā€¦

Mine’s only used as an iPod and for satnav.

CountZero

Or jailbreak apps like SBSettings which have been doing this for years:

But that looks ghastly! And nothing on that screengrab looks like anything I have a need for. Just a way for the extreme nerds to spend evenings fiddling with the OS for no other reason than they can, and then boast about it. I don’t know a single person with either an iOS or Android phone who hacks the apps or OS.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

But that looks ghastly! And nothing on that screengrab looks like anything I have a need for.

So you won’t be using this then Count?

iOS7 Control Center

Jamie

Of course he will, but only because it’s had Tim Cook’s fabulous spit and polish applied.

mrlugz

Just done my iPhone 4S and its lovely.

Jonxmack, how do you turn off the parallax effects? Been spurching round the settings to no avail.

Jamie

@mrlugz

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gurpi1JBpKM[/video]

6.2 seconds in.

mrlugz

Cheers Jamie,

I have a reduce motion tab rather than a parallel tab….

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

By the way, to celebrate five years of the App Store, Apple have made five “landmark” games and five apps available for free.

Worth checking out Infinity Blade II and Badland if you haven’t already!

andy8442

Am I the only one here that is thinking , ” make a bloody battery that will last ALL DAY! when you use it” Or at least stick a solar panel on the back . A tiny little panel powered my Casio fx82 all the way through my O levels and A levels! And don’t tell me that my calculator wasn’t running Endomondo and Angry Birds, because Simon Groom told me it had more computing power than the Appollo space rockets. So there!

I’m going to lie down now and take my tablets.

PS. A prize if you can name his dog.

CountZero

Jamie – Member
    Of course he will, but only because it’s had Tim Cook’s fabulous spit and polish applied.

šŸ™„
    What’s Tim Cook got to do with it? It’s all down to Jony Ive, He’s the designer.
    And in reply to GrahamS, I’ll probably use it about as often as I use any of the base settings on my current phone, which is to say very rarely, once I’ve done the initial set-up.
    Brightness is set around 50% and left there, GPS is always on, Bluetooth is never on, Airplane Mode is never used, and I have no use for Airdrop or AirPlay. Music is usually controlled from my headphones, and the phone is always on shuffle, unless I’m after a specific track.
    There’s nothing I can see there that offers anything more than I have already. What I really want is a phone with 128Gb of storage. Or, even better, an iPod Touch with 256Gb. THAT I’d be really interested in.
    Not to say I won’t install iOS 7 when I can, ‘cos I’m sure there will be useful things available, like the ability to have much greater control over type and fonts that I’ve read about, through TypeKit. Give me the ability to use italic and bold in everyday use, dammit.

m0rk

@andy – Goldie

On thread, I might download this tonight – a quicker way of turning data/BT/wifi off would be good

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

in reply to GrahamS, I’ll probably use it about as often as I use any of the base settings on my current phone, which is to say very rarely, once I’ve done the initial set-up.
    Brightness is set around 50% and left there, GPS is always on, Bluetooth is never on, Airplane Mode is never used, and I have no use for Airdrop or AirPlay. Music is usually controlled from my headphones

Fair enough – your usage sounds a little atypical though.

Quick access to Airplane Mode and Do Not Disturb will be useful for me. Putting Orientation Lock there too makes sense (tho it is already pretty easy to get too).

Likewise having the Torch and Calculator easily accessible is a good plan.

What I really want is a phone with 128Gb of storage

Stream more music? A Spotify (or similar) account would work out a lot cheaper then paying whatever astronomical markup Apple put on an extra 64GB of flash.

Give me the ability to use italic and bold in everyday use, dammit.

Do you just mean in Notes or something?
    The Mail app already has italic and bold.

64GB of flash.

Flash??

You mean… šŸ˜Æ ?!?

šŸ™‚

grum

Anyone got a working link for someone without a developer account?

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

You mean… šŸ˜Æ ?!?

šŸ˜† No, I mean..

Jamie

Anyone got a working link for someone without a developer account?

Assuming one got a link to a *.ipsw, would Apple not block/poke in the eye any devices with unregistered UDIDs?

grum

Thanks folks. Jamie – just seen a link someone posted up there which explains you can get your UDID registered with a developer account for $5.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Assuming one got a link to a *.ipsw, would Apple not block/poke in the eye any devices with unregistered UDIDs?

not so far and apparently not since beta 2 was released.

downloaded installed taken off within 30mins !

What is the hype about ? I love apple products but I cannot see what’s so great about it its still the same just different styling!

mmmm android time perhaps….

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘iOS7 beta’ is closed to new replies.