Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • iOS6 – should I install it on my 3gs?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Ignoring the maps farce (don’t really use maps that much on my phone), should I install iOS6 on my 3gs?

It’s having a little issue at the moment whereby it keeps shutting down at about 30% battery level and the new OS might help with that.

jam-bo

at a guess i’d say the battery isnt actually 30% full…

jambalaya
    Free Member

It works well on 4S and 4, I find no issues with the maps btw which in fact I think are better, certainly the navigation. It seems to have gone notification crazy but I’m slowly switching all that off.

If it were me I’d upgrade.

Alphabet

I’ve had it on my 3gs for a couple of weeks and it’s fine. If anything the phone seems to work faster than it did under iOS5.

Taff
    Free Member

the new ios might help that but I’ve had that since uploading it. Not all the time just rare occasions

grum
    Free Member

Works fine on my 3GS. I’d say it seems snappier too.

sharkbait
    Free Member

at a guess i’d say the battery isnt actually 30% full…

You’re probably right and it’s not displaying the remaining battery correctly.
    I did put a new battery in which made it go away for a while but the issue is returning. Think I’ll give the new OS a go.

GrahamS

Yep seems fine on MrsGrahamS’ 3GS too.

Take it you are aware of the OS changes (especially Maps?)

kevster
    Free Member

Installed it on my 3gs. General running speed seems marginally quicker although it does now seem to cut out randomly when battery is nearly 20%.

Kryton57

Just done mine, definately faster loading the internet. It may stop me paying the extra to upgrade to a 5 as I’m a bit cash strapped and would preer to stay on my £17 per month contract, my main issue being a low signal which seems to have improved since the upgrade. Could have been the change to EE that occurred after the phone rebooted.

Initially that problem started after I dropped the phone so I thought it was broken….

augustuswindsock

downloaded it about half an hour ago, was going to post a thread asking if it was a virus as my phone’s frozen now, there’s only an itunes logo and a pic of a jack plug on the screen, is this normal?

rondo101
    Free Member

installed it on my 3GS without problems. I’ll echo others’ sentiments that it seems a little quicker than ios5.

And whilst trying to replace google maps discovered that you can switch your browser to Chrome, which allows me to sync bookmarks with my laptops, doesn’t limit you to 8 tabs and has a slightly larger viewing area.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘iOS6 – should I install it on my 3gs?’ is closed to new replies.