iOS Safari Question – stopping page auto-refreshing?

Home Forum Chat Forum iOS Safari Question – stopping page auto-refreshing?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • iOS Safari Question – stopping page auto-refreshing?
  • Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Not Mac-specific but,

If I’ve been typing for a while, I’ll copy the text just in case it loses it. That, or type offline in Notepad or something.

STW doesn’t auto-refresh though, the only issues I’ve had are when the thread ticks to the next page and I refresh manually, or there’s a technical issue with the site.

Premier Icon Jamze
    Subscriber

It’s a memory thing AFAIK. If you’ve got lots of apps running or tabs open it does this automatically. Don’t think you can stop it (other than closing a few things down and seeing if it helps).

If I’ve been typing for a while, I’ll copy the text just in case it loses it. That, or type offline in Notepad or something.

Yeah, but mostly I forget to do sensible stuff like that. Does it happen on Android devices too then?

I’ve just had abuse on twitter for the dullness of this thread. I apologise profusely to anyone who wasted a few moments of his or her life reading it. 🙂

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

To be fair, we abuse you on Twitter on a regular basis.

It’s what keeps me coming back. 🙂

Is there any way to stop a page refreshing everytime I open it? By “open” I don’t mean opening it anew. Rather I mean selecting it from the list of open pages. For example, I might start typing a response to a thread, go find an image using another page, then when re-selecting the original page, it auto-refreshes and I lose what I’ve already typed. Seems to happen with STW pages a lot, but not exclusively.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

It’s a memory thing AFAIK. If you’ve got lots of apps running or tabs open it does this automatically. Don’t think you can stop it (other than closing a few things down and seeing if it helps).

That’s me experience too. Just iOS trying to save memory by not keeping pages that you’re not looking at.

Close all background apps and don’t have a ton of tabs open at a one time.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

deadlydarcy wrote:

Does it happen on Android devices too then?

Not with the browser supplied with my HTC One S

Close all background apps and don’t have a ton of tabs open at a one time.

Hokay, fairy nuff. Cheers.

CountZero

deadlydarcy – Member
    Yeah, but mostly I forget to do sensible stuff like that. Does it happen on Android devices too then?

Same here, sometimes I can get away with it, others, I come back and it refreshes, to much cursing!
    I do the notes thing if there’s going to be lots of c’n’p going on, but that isn’t often.
    If I can help it… 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘iOS Safari Question – stopping page auto-refreshing?’ is closed to new replies.