Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • IOS 11
  • somouk
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but IOS 11.0.1 has just been released.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well, shan’t be long before 11.0.16 is released then 😆

Drac

I’ll wait for 11.0.2 so they can work out the bugs. 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Well it took about 8mins to update on both phone and iPad so whatever it was they fixed was already identified.
    Have to say it’s a good model to get us lot to UAT it..

Pham!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but IOS 11.0.1 has just been released.

Thanks, saw it here first !

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sadly the charging issue isn’t included..

Update: As noted by Ars Technica, iOS 11.0.1 appears to fix an Exchange e-mail server bug that prevented many users from sending email from Outlook, Office 365, and Exchange Server email accounts. In a support document covering the feature, Apple now says customers can fix the issue by updating to iOS 11.0.1

Drac

They’ve not acknowledged what the patch fixes just that security and bugs.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think main one is outlook email I think plus some others. The wife is so hacked off she won’t me upgrade her iPad !

Drac

Just do it when she’s asleep I bet she doesn’t notice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Upgraded my work mePhone today.

Took ages, reset lots of my security/privacy settings, now runs exceedingly hot when making phone calls and battery charging is taking about three times as long as before.

I am not massively whelmed. At all.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like Smart Invert feature. It reverses the screen to a black and white invert which enables better reading at night.. and once set up only takes 3 clicks of the home button..
    And the emergency contact 5 clicks of the Off Button.

dannybgoode

I’m new to iOS (well since about 7 onward).

Is there a good idiots guide to 11 – I can’t even find the much vaunted files thingy or get apps in to split screen!

On the plus side battery life is so far excellent…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Search YouTube for the tips and hidden tips of IOS 11, plenty of respected sources producing “how to” and “tips and tricks”
    That’s how I found the screen invert and a few other things..

Tinners

When’s the update to fix the orientation bug coming out? Three of us here experiencing iPads/iPhones getting suddenly stuck in landscape when holding in portrait and vice versa. Darned nuisance.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

11.0.1 out now

Superficial
    Free Member

Swipe down doesnt work for me, it just keeps pulling down notifications. This is on an ipad mini 4,do you have to do it from a particular place (above control centre does not work).

The behaviour is different on iPad vs iPhones. I think the previous responses refer to phones but you’re talking about iPads.

You’re right, swipe down doesn’t work. Apple differentiates between swipes down from anywhere on the screen (Eg for search, from the home screen) and swipes from above down onto the screen (notification centre). I agree that a swipe down from anywhere on the screen should close the control centre and take you back to the app you came from, that would seem logical as it’s the reverse of swiping up to open it – which is what iPhones do.

If you’ve opened up the control Centre / multitasking then you can either press the home button, or the app tile, or the app icon (if it’s in the dock) to take you back to where you were. There are plenty of options.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone finding “Auto Brightness” a bit of a pain ? And wondering why it’s no longer in the flip up control panel?

Ahh..

They’ve moved it..

General/Accessibility/Display Accomodations…

Quite why they’ve made it a 20 click step to find something simple, is beyond humans grasp of intergalactic space travel whilst drinking Gin.

Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘IOS 11’ is closed to new replies.