• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jim.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • IoM e2e – singlespeed?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Is this crazy? I get the first 13m will be a PITA, but otherwise?

Not looking to win, just don't want to be walking every climb.

Shred
    Free Member

I know of a couple of guys who do it SS, one who has done it in 4 hours on his 29er SS.

Rickos
    Free Member

If you're trying to stay together as a group to do it then you'll be walking the climbs anyway with Forky around. Is he doing it on his 38 pound Nicolai?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'll probs just ride at my own pace…

robarnold
    Free Member

You'll be fine. The road section will be the biggest pain….after that you'll be walking up Ballacobb and most of Slieau Whallian, but a lot of people outside of the top 30 do that anyway.

Pray for a tail wind!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmmm maybe gears then

Scootash
    Free Member

I did it geared last year, 4 hours 50 minutes. When I got to the first climb, I was the only person I saw who cleaned the climb up the road and up the off road to the top – everyone was pushing. It was a first and second gear crawl most of the way and required a lot of shouts of '_RIDER_ coming through'. The last big climb, everyone walked. It's not impossible to single speed it, but you'll enjoy it more geared and with a bouncy fork.

Didn't get in this year. Will be applying to get in 2011 race at 9.05am on Sunday, seeing how quickly it filled up this year.

Good luck! Fit a rear mudguard.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fit a rear mudguard.

Thanks, I wasn't going to bother!

jim
    Free Member

Good luck! Fit a rear mudguard.

Dammit! There's always something you forget…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘IoM e2e – singlespeed?’ is closed to new replies.