Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Invisiframe Care
  • oikeith

Snowflake question for those with an invisiframe kit, have you amended how you wash your bike since getting the kit fitted to protect the kit and prolong its life? and do you do anything post wash to it?

I usually rinse bike, then use a soft brush over the bike spraying bike cleaner onto the brush, then rinse everything off, but want to avoid any cleaning practices which could cause edges of the kit to lift.

Then post wash on my old non protected frame, Id use a silicon spray or equivalent to make the bike shine a little bit, are these still safe to use? I’ve heard a motor vehicle wax can be used on the kit?

tomhoward

I don’t do anything different. Oldest set is 5 years old and still looks great, despite the bike being used predominantly as a winter/muddy bike.

Stevelol
    Free Member

As above, had a kit on about 4 years and just wash it as normal using muc-off.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

i fit another invisiframe kit on top.

Stevelol
    Free Member

^^ lol 😀

timbog160

I don’t do anything different – if it’s fitted properly it won’t lift. I suspect the only issue you might have is if you used very hot water since heat softens the glue. I too have agonised about how to keep my invisiframe looking pristine, then I had a word with myself!!😄

steel4real
    Free Member

Yes- several years and several kits – never changed washing regime and no problems with edges lifting.

And yes you can wax with vehicle wax, just as you can on the frames paint finish.

I’ve used silicone based furniture polish to bring it up nice and clean. Also T’Cut (metallic as it’s finer I think) to rub out marks that come off shoe soles and knee pads.

andybrad

ive used a lot of muc off bike spray, and now the edges are lifting 🙁

scotroutes

Simple solution – stop washing your bike so often.

simondbarnes

I just leave my bike in the house. Saves on the cleaning and wearing stuff out.

miketually
    Free Member

People wash bikes?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Mike FTW

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Invisiframe Care’ is closed to new replies.